Author Topic: Anti Lag Plugin ! HELL NO!!!  (Read 12671 times)

Offline ThePandaWonder (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -1
  • 9/11
    • View profile
    • Fuck yeah its Cheese!
Anti Lag Plugin ! HELL NO!!!
« on: 1 January 2013, 03:45:07 AM »
It was not voted by the MPs and it is caused A LOT of problems today! Everyone that does like it post here! Lets get rid of it! Fellows VC citizens lets Start an uprising!!!

Offline Braingkk

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
Re: Anti Lag Plugin ! HELL NO!!!
« Reply #1 on: 1 January 2013, 04:03:31 AM »
just to add my two cents (tho im sure some ppl will ignore me for unspoken reasons)

1) yes the plugin has def increased tickrate and as a result mobspawn has increased as well which can be seen as both positive and negative

2) while the plugin removes items off the ground to help with lag, it also is a pain when working on any structure with semi-valuble blocks. imagine building a house with iron blocks or for that matter any material, you normally leave items on the ground till you are done, then pick them up. here, you need to jump down every few min, and half the time items are disappearing when there was no warning before anyway

3) i spawned in and killed a wither today. i nearly lost the star, and actually did lose two wither skulls due to the plugin

4) many large crafting projects for potions require stacking dozens of potions, the easiest way is to get a vip or someone to stack them but to move them 1 at a time is a pain so you break the chest they are in, and stand in the pile just typing /stack till they are all stacked. the plugin of course just goes and removes them from the ground at the most inconvenient times.

5) auto farms=worthless now. need i say more?

all said and done it is up to the admins to decide if the plugin lasts, but it would have been nice to see a vote for the plugin, and maybe some other options for reducing lag in a less harmful way to players that dont have an endless creative inventory

edit: fixing typos
« Last Edit: 1 January 2013, 04:06:07 AM by Braingkk »

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • 9/11
    • View profile
    • Fuck yeah its Cheese!
« Reply #2 on: 1 January 2013, 04:08:21 AM »
just to add my two cents (tho im sure some ppl will ignore me for unspoken reasons)

1) yes the plugin has def increased tickrate and as a result mobspawn has increased as well which can be seen as both positive and negative

2) while the plugin removes items off the ground to help with lag, it also is a pain when working on any structure with semi-valuble blocks. imagine building a house with iron blocks or for that matter any material, you normally leave items on the ground till you are done, then pick them up. here, you need to jump down every few min, and half the time items are disappearing when there was no warning before anyway

3) i spawned in and killed a wither today. i nearly lost the star, and actually did lose two wither skulls due to the plugin

4) many large crafting projects for potions require stacking dozens of potions, the easiest way is to get a vip or someone to stack them but to move them 1 at a time is a pain so you break the chest they are in, and stand in the pile just typing /stack till they are all stacked. the plugin of course just goes and removes them from the ground at the most inconvenient times.

5) auto farms=worthless now. need i say more?

all said and done it is up to the admins to decide if the plugin lasts, but it would have been nice to see a vote for the plugin, and maybe some other options for reducing lag in a less harmful way to players that dont have an endless creative inventory

edit: fixing typos

Thank you brain for summing up it all in a nice way.

Offline Runek

• Cheese
  • Where there's a Shadow, there's a Light.
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 1 January 2013, 11:08:27 AM »
We certainly understand your frustration on this. New plugins of this nature can cause initial issues.

We're working on the configuration of the plugin to find a good balance between reducing lag caused by the other plugins and eliminating any other issues that arise.

For now, please pay attention to the broadcasted warnings about ground clearing, and feel free to continue posting any issues you're encounter (Or bring them to a staff member if one is on).

Thanks for your patience! :)

Offline Braingkk

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 1 January 2013, 12:22:51 PM »
For now, please pay attention to the broadcasted warnings about ground clearing, and feel free to continue posting any issues you're encounter (Or bring them to a staff member if one is on).

half the time items are disappearing when there was no warning before anyway

like i mentioned before, more often then not, items seem to disappear even at times not mentioned by the plugin. case in point, i was working on my netherwort farm, and breaking soulsand around the edges. the plugin had cleared about 2 min ago, but all the soulsand disappeard within seconds of dropping. no it was not lag and it was not clientside. might be a bug or some configuration messed up with the plugin, but items DO disappear w/o the broadcasted warning

Offline Runek

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 1 January 2013, 12:27:15 PM »
I'm looking into this now.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. :)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • 9/11
    • View profile
    • Fuck yeah its Cheese!
« Reply #6 on: 1 January 2013, 12:38:43 PM »

half the time items are disappearing when there was no warning before anyway

like i mentioned before, more often then not, items seem to disappear even at times not mentioned by the plugin. case in point, i was working on my netherwort farm, and breaking soulsand around the edges. the plugin had cleared about 2 min ago, but all the soulsand disappeard within seconds of dropping. no it was not lag and it was not clientside. might be a bug or some configuration messed up with the plugin, but items DO disappear w/o the broadcasted warning

Same. ( As in items dissepear after the warning)

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -3
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 1 January 2013, 01:40:58 PM »
And also,

1. I lost the items I was giving to my damn Butlars (Rune gave them back)

2. Its no longer safe to trade by throwing the item out and giving the person it normally

3. (About to swear kids, in caps) ITS FUCKING, ANNOYING

4. Awesome is right, mps did not decide on this, I know people are getting lag problems.
But not this bad this is worst than the lag infact it does not help

5. items are not the problem

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 1 January 2013, 03:46:36 PM »
Ok, first let me clear up some shit:

1: "OMG GUIZE YOU DIDNT VOTE FOR IT" Are you serious? MP's don't get to decide all the plugins we install. We only give you the option to vote on plugins that will give you more options to have fun. You don't get to vote for every plugin...
2: I was playing for hours yesterday and items didn't disappear ONCE unless the item wipe happened. You get a warning 2 minutes before the actual entities wipe happens. The entities wipe happens every 400 seconds. I am gonna change that to ten minutes and i'm gonna tweak the warning broadcast.
« Last Edit: 1 January 2013, 06:22:57 PM by airborne101st45 »

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 1 January 2013, 03:48:12 PM »

1: "OMG GUIZE YOU DIDNT VOTE FOR IT" Are you serious? MP's don't get to decide all the plugins we install. We only give you the option to vote on plugins that will give you more options to have fun. You don't get to vote for every plugin...
2: I was playing for hours yesterday and items didn't disappear ONCE unless the item wipe happened. You get a warning before 2 minutes the actual entities wipe happens. The entities wipe happens every 400 seconds. I am gonna change that to ten minutes and i'm gonna tweak the warning broadcast.

Changed it to 20 minutes.

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • 9/11
    • View profile
    • Fuck yeah its Cheese!
« Reply #10 on: 1 January 2013, 10:42:48 PM »

2: I was playing for hours yesterday and items didn't disappear ONCE unless the item wipe happened. You get a warning before 2 minutes the actual entities wipe happens. The entities wipe happens every 400 seconds. I am gonna change that to ten minutes and i'm gonna tweak the warning broadcast.

Thx Air its better than nothing.

Offline millionaurefor

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 1 January 2013, 10:43:43 PM »
Your the best Air.😄😃😀😊☺😉😍😘😚😗😙😜😝😛
Best Wishes,
millionaurefor

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -3
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 2 January 2013, 11:07:34 AM »

Good, people don't want to count to zero from 120 anymore

Offline Runek

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 2 January 2013, 11:20:35 AM »
In more polite news..

The server is running fantastically. :)

Stable ~18TPS even during my ridiculous firework spamming.

THANK YOU Air.

Offline SirLogiC

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 2 January 2013, 08:04:14 PM »
Is the item deletion the only part of this plugin? Can item deletion be turned off while leaving other functions running and still improving performance?

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #15 on: 2 January 2013, 08:11:45 PM »
Is the item deletion the only part of this plugin? Can item deletion be turned off while leaving other functions running and still improving performance?

The item deletion is what causes the improved performance

Offline Aysun

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 2 January 2013, 08:32:59 PM »

That's what gets rid of the crap we leave lying around (ex: auto-farms) that lag the crap out of the server.. well, contribute to it. It also does other things.

Offline Runek

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 3 January 2013, 09:24:11 AM »

That's what gets rid of the crap we leave lying around (ex: auto-farms) that lag the crap out of the server.. well, contribute to it. It also does other things.

That's right VC - It's YOU who lag the server. Litterbugs, all of you.

Ako built eco-friendly trashcans and you deficated on ALL of them! Monsters.

..Okay, I'm done now. Enjoy your day. :)

Offline Islid

• Cheese
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 3 January 2013, 07:01:21 PM »

That's right VC - It's YOU who lag the server. Litterbugs, all of you.

Ako built eco-friendly trashcans and you deficated on ALL of them! Monsters.

..Okay, I'm done now. Enjoy your day. :)

*defacated

That really bothered me for some reason, I'm sorry. :(

Offline SirLogiC

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #19 on: 9 January 2013, 03:19:40 AM »
He was just shit-posting

>.>

Offline Braingkk

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 January 2013, 04:32:59 AM »
just wanted to mention that the plugin seems to remove minecarts you are riding.

is there a config where specific entities can be listed that are not removed?

while working on my rail system from Solace to Qualia northbound rail i lost a few carts while riding along.
its abit of a pain walking a few hundred blocks to the next station when u r suddenly stranded cuz ur cart was taken out  from under u...

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #21 on: 16 January 2013, 04:50:04 AM »
just wanted to mention that the plugin seems to remove minecarts you are riding.

is there a config where specific entities can be listed that are not removed?

while working on my rail system from Solace to Qualia northbound rail i lost a few carts while riding along.
its abit of a pain walking a few hundred blocks to the next station when u r suddenly stranded cuz ur cart was taken out  from under u...

Good reminder, we should fix this.

Edit: fixed, and reduce frequency of deletions from 20 minutes to an hour.
« Last Edit: 16 January 2013, 05:13:38 AM by Akomine »

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air