Author Topic: VC UHC 5  (Read 14838 times)

Offline luisc99 (OP)

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
VC UHC 5
« on: 5 February 2016, 01:05:55 PM »
~-~  VC UHC 5  ~-~
IP: 104.207.143.237:10060 - Open Now

People wanted another. So here it is. I also can't really be bothered writing a new thread, so this is mainly a copy and paste of the last one, but with some parts changed to reflect this season.

This season, it will be last person standing. You can be in teams of up to 2, but you will spawn separately. I think. Unless the plugin doesn't let me do that, then you will spawn together. This way, people can work on their own and build up from the beginning, but then become a stronger entity later in the game. Regular world gen, so regular sized biomes with no super dungeons or anything.

There may be a tag up for grabs, depending on how we can do it now. If there is, it will be a crown in a colour of your choose, in front of your name. This tag was supposed remain with the winner of the UHC until the next season, where it would then passed on to the next champion, but this doesn't seem to have happened, so you'll probably keep it until Air decides otherwise. As it stands, the tag is owned by the @Ajc610 (S1), @luisc99 (S2), @TheCatsMangler (S2), @MossyPaws (S3),  @PengBunny (S3) and @Lishman77 (S4). If you don't have your tag, let me know and I'll get it sorted. Maybe

UHC is a game mode where you do not regenerate health unless you use a golden apple or potions, and is most commonly played as a PVP game in a confined map to find the last team alive. The game will not run on VC or VCV, and will instead run on a different server. The IP will be posted in this thread when the game is closer, although some of you will probably have it saved from last time. If so, enjoy the spoilers that are in the server list. If you do not wish to take part in the event, you can still spectate. With the new spectate game mode added in 1.8, it is easy to spectate the event and jump from person to person.

Because the server will be whitelisted, there is a sign-up form. This event will be run on Saturday, 13th February, at 9pm GMT±0. I've done it on a Saturday so people are less likely to be at school/work, and don't have to be up the next morning. If you're like Noket and don't know what time zone you live in, it will be at this time for you, unless you have a daylight saving time change in the next week, which I doubt.

Hope to see you in the event!
:D

« Last Edit: 13 February 2016, 01:55:08 PM by luisc99 »

EnderEssence

Re: VC UHC 5
« Reply #1 on: 6 February 2016, 09:38:50 PM »
Looking forward to it.

If I can't participate for some reason, I'll still be spectating, but for now I'll hopefully be joining (for I is vant dat tag).

When you say "last person standing", is a team of 2 declared joint winners, or is it a fight to the death between them (I'm thinking the former)?

Now..

Who wants to team? (*cough*luis or octo pls but who knows*cough cough*)

Offline luisc99 (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 7 February 2016, 04:33:53 AM »
The last team standing, so there will be two winners even if one dies early

Lividup64

« Reply #3 on: 7 February 2016, 05:09:28 AM »
What does UHC stand for?

Offline luisc99 (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 7 February 2016, 06:36:24 AM »
Ultra HardCore. It's like the vanilla hardcore gamemode where you only get one life, but ultra as you don't really regenerate health either

Offline Hogz

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 7 February 2016, 08:21:34 AM »
Damn, Im in the process of getting a new PC (My one isnt connecting to the internet well anymore only getting 35 kps) if anyone is recording whilst spectating please tell me I would like to see how this works xD.

Is it a new world every time with everyone spawning at different places or something along those lines?
"ye boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" - JFK

John Coffey: I'm tired, boss. Tired of being on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. I'm tired of never having a buddy to be with, to tell me where we's going to, coming from or why. Mostly, I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world every day. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head, all the time... Can you understand?" - The Green Mile

Offline luisc99 (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 7 February 2016, 10:30:03 AM »
Yes, it is a brand new world each time. I use some software to pick some seeds which have little water and a range of biomes though, then give them all to ten or someone to pick a random one so I don't know where anything is.

EnderEssence

« Reply #7 on: 7 February 2016, 03:49:34 PM »
@luisc99 Could you make a list on the first post of who's signed up so far?

EnderEssence

« Reply #8 on: 8 February 2016, 08:54:36 PM »
If I'm the only person who's participating, does this mean I get to have the tag? :)

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 9 February 2016, 02:29:09 AM »
If I'm the only person who's participating, does this mean I get to have the tag? :)
No nigga

Offline luisc99 (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 9 February 2016, 03:53:54 AM »
No nigga
And you're not the only person

Offline OctoGamer

• Staff Member | Forum Mod
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 22
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 9 February 2016, 08:55:52 AM »
Looking forward to it.

If I can't participate for some reason, I'll still be spectating, but for now I'll hopefully be joining (for I is vant dat tag).

When you say "last person standing", is a team of 2 declared joint winners, or is it a fight to the death between them (I'm thinking the former)?

Now..

i'm not gonna team with you. you may be on my list of people to target.. along with @hobbes13 as usual ;)

i don't think vc has gone to shit because it's unprofessional; in fact, that's why it is still good

EnderEssence

« Reply #12 on: 9 February 2016, 09:20:33 AM »
Looking forward to it.

Now..

i'm not gonna team with you. you may be on my list of people to target.. along with @hobbes13 as usual ;)

Assuming I can (hopefully) participate:

Challenge accepted (If I get Strength pots, I'll gladly test them out on you first, don't worry.).

Who wants to form a team? (ahem, and double the chances of winning)

Offline Shensley

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 2
  • U Can't Touch This
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 9 February 2016, 03:20:31 PM »
Will there be some type of team chat?

Quote from: PengBunny
link=topic=212.msg32741#msg32741 date=1421280717
they dont let fags become admin

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 9 February 2016, 03:30:52 PM »
Will there be some type of team chat?
Wr have a teamspeak where we can make private chats.

EnderEssence

« Reply #15 on: 9 February 2016, 07:08:37 PM »
@shensley Potential team? Shoot.

(P.S.: Octo, if I manage to find time this weekend, participate this season, and find you, good luck when you're in range of my bow shots. ;))
« Last Edit: 9 February 2016, 07:45:15 PM by EnderEssence »

EnderEssence

« Reply #16 on: 9 February 2016, 07:45:46 PM »
@luisc99? @PengBunny? You guys free?

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 9 February 2016, 09:30:14 PM »
ok bud.

i don't think vc has gone to shit because it's unprofessional; in fact, that's why it is still good

Offline luisc99 (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 10 February 2016, 03:28:34 AM »
I've already got my teammate planned. Sorry

EnderEssence

« Reply #19 on: 11 February 2016, 12:01:33 AM »
News flash: Of course something important has to pop up on Saturday.

Crap. Well, can't participate (as I have important things to take care of that don't concern you), but still keep on the whitelist as I'll come by and spectate at least some of the UHC.

Ah well, maybe sometime in the summer we'll do Season 6. There's a far higher chance I'll be fully participating then.

Ttyl. Good luck to all. ;)

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #20 on: 11 February 2016, 02:53:02 PM »
darn now i can't kill you.

Offline Shensley

• Cheese
  • U Can't Touch This
    • View profile
« Reply #21 on: 11 February 2016, 05:01:29 PM »
May I ask how many people have signed up?

Offline luisc99 (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #22 on: 11 February 2016, 05:44:28 PM »
7, excluding ender. Will make for awkwardness when one person finds nobody to team with

Offline daverator

• Villager
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
« Reply #23 on: 12 February 2016, 02:11:54 PM »
I just signed up.  Thanks Luis.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #24 on: 12 February 2016, 02:22:56 PM »
Hey, everyone!

UHC is tomorrow - Saturday 9pm GMT (british time), which is 4pm EST (east north america time).

See you there!

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Shensley

• Cheese
  • U Can't Touch This
    • View profile
« Reply #25 on: 12 February 2016, 05:17:43 PM »
Hey, everyone!

UHC is tomorrow - Saturday 9pm GMT (british time), which is 4pm EST (east north america time).

See you there!

You gunna play Ako??

Offline luisc99 (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #26 on: 12 February 2016, 05:54:12 PM »
To clarify as Ako already has, it's tomorrow Saturday the 13th. Not Sat 12th, as some random anomaly may have said...

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #27 on: 12 February 2016, 07:40:07 PM »
Hey, everyone!

See you there!

You gunna play Ako??

ya

Offline luisc99 (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #28 on: 13 February 2016, 01:53:58 PM »
With a little under an hour until we begin, I've closed the registration form for this. Participating we have Luis, Hobbes13, Akomine, fireboy50, OctoGamer, Shensley, CDPIV, daverator and killermango135. Spectating, there will be Airbo, EnderEssence, and Sir_Tac0 who has put down they may record. That makes 9 participants, and 3 spectators. At least one person will end up being teamless.

The server IP is not VCV, but is 104.207.143.237:10060, and this is up and running now. I'll be AFK on there until 8:30 at the earliest, but if you really want to join then you can do. Ten built an amazing spawn for it, which has a parkour bit you can do while you wait. Other than admiring his wonderful builds though, there isn't much reason for being more than 30 mins early.

As far as I know nobody will be streaming it, but if you are feel free to correct me. I know @tenretni has done it before, but I think he's busy today. If you want to stream, feel free!

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #29 on: 13 February 2016, 03:24:32 PM »
Due to the unacceptable time, 3pm on a saturday, which is when I enjoy a nice lunch at a restaurant, I won't be attending. I think the time should accommodate people with Saturday plans in NA.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #30 on: 13 February 2016, 03:26:44 PM »
Due to the unacceptable time, 3pm on a saturday, which is when I enjoy a nice lunch at a restaurant, I won't be attending. I think the time should accommodate people with Saturday plans in NA.

You're a faggot and nobody cares about you. Nobody likes you. Nobody gives a fuck about your stupid saturday 3pm plans. And nobody wants to fight alongside you.