Author Topic: Akomine's official PLUGIN suggestion Parliament thread! THE SECOND  (Read 36716 times)

Offline Akomine (OP)

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
Parliament asked, and Parliament gets.

We will vote on plugins. Suggest them here. AGAIN

There is 1 rule: you may nominate only 1 plugin to be put up for Parliament vote. Again, YOU MAY ONLY NOMINATE ONE.
If you suggest more than 1, I will remove all of your nominations. Period.

Don't derail this thread!

Enjoy :)

~Aks

-------

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
Re: Akomine's official PLUGIN suggestion Parliament thread! THE SECOND
« Reply #1 on: 9 August 2012, 08:52:28 PM »
A plugin I really liked is this plugin that was previously mentioned:

BACKPACKS!

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/backpack/

This plugin could be used to get VIP donations aswell.

For example,
Normal people get 9 extra
Donors get an extra 18 slots of inventory.
VIP standard get 27
VIP silver get 36
VIP gold get 45!!
This will increase the amounts of donations, as there is currently not much of a reason to get VIP GOLD.

That or non donaters get nothing  ;D

Please don't derail this as well,
Don't derail this thread!
idea from pupdude

~Rainy_Turtloid

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 9 August 2012, 09:15:52 PM »
PVP-Arena- Custom arena matches without the need of a 3ed to run it.
  Custom modes include (just some of them are listed here)
  • Spleef
  • Team arema
  • Capture the Punmkin/flag
  • Free for all
  • The tank: Everyone against everyone. Then all against one at the end.

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/pvp-arena/

Perks - Custom classes, ie you can get a full set of armor and stuff and unpon leaving you lost it and regain what you orginaly had. Can set up rules before hand that cannot be broken. Ie losing items or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdUdFJ3aEiE&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: 9 August 2012, 09:22:44 PM by airborne101st45 »

Offline TobTrev

• Villager
  • I will never do it.....
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 August 2012, 05:10:35 PM »
You should add classes, you removed mcmmo combat, so classes you can only choose one, and to become another it costs 10,000$ Archer gets the archery mcmmo skills, knights get swords skill, and warrior gets axes skill, and maybe add some other stuff to it on the side.Also if they pick the class they can only use those weapons no other weapons.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 August 2012, 04:08:19 AM »
I'd like to suggest the Dynmap plugin, for various reasons, linked here:

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/dynmap/

It would allow us to more definitively map the server's land, possibly allowing us to re-find old abandoned villages ages away from spawn. It would also let us see where land is not generated yet, which can be useful for a variety of reasons. Finally, if enabled, we can see the position of people on the map - a feature that CJ would no doubt find extremely useful in his PVP hunting hours.

The player tracking can be turned off, and to my knowledge the current version has little to no bug problems (I've talked to several other owners who I know use it and they say the recent update has no known conflicts). I'm interested in seeing this considered as a possible add in, since I know it's incredibly frustrating for me at least to not know where I am half the time in relation to other stuff, because of the incredibly vast size of the map. It might also assist in finding new land for new people to plop a village on, so they're not just crowding villages all on top of one another.

Please give this consideration. Thanks!

EDIT: Some questions answered:

Yes, you can change features - you can remove as much as you want and run it as a lean plugin. It comes in sets of modules, where you can just plug in and out various features such as locating players, chat bubbles, types of map generation, etc. All you need to do is remove the bit that does that.

You have the choice to not track certain worlds - if you want to save on resources any more, you just track the Overworld and leave it at that, since the End has spawners and the Nether doesn't really need to be mapped. It's an option.

Yes, you can disable the tracking of people, as I said above - if you don't want people to be seen on the map, you can remove that feature.
« Last Edit: 23 August 2012, 04:17:13 AM by Islid »

Witchdoctor1

« Reply #5 on: 23 August 2012, 05:36:27 AM »
I second Islid's suggestion on the Dynmap plugin. It seems to be a very simple yet powerful mapping tool.

I also would like to suggest a new shop plugin. I was looking around and found one that seems to be very easy to use and less glitchy than showcase. This plugin is SignShop. I will enclose the link. It says it requires Vault, but I have no idea what that is lol.

http://www.curse.com/server-mods/minecraft/signshop

Offline Akomine (OP)

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 August 2012, 01:31:21 PM »
I too would like to bring Dynmap back to the server somehow... But can we do it...?

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 August 2012, 06:57:42 PM »
I too would like to bring Dynmap back to the server somehow... But can we do it...?

Maybe we could bring it back with a lower resolution. It fucked up too much shit last time though

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 August 2012, 07:53:39 PM »

Maybe we could bring it back with a lower resolution. It fucked up too much shit last time though

And if we do bring it back probably keep the player position off it again (as I really don't think people like the idea of me knowing where they are at 24/7).

Edit: Also I don't know if it can do all of this but I rather not have it show the actual land mass as just show the world guard areas (which it can do) so people can't just go and track/find some area by just using the map and never having to go out, or the chance of using it to find some other village in the making and mess with the area around them (Deforest and such). Kinda like this map of the states:
« Last Edit: 23 August 2012, 08:05:39 PM by cjm721 »

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 August 2012, 08:40:22 PM »

And if we do bring it back probably keep the player position off it again (as I really don't think people like the idea of me knowing where they are at 24/7).

Edit: Also I don't know if it can do all of this but I rather not have it show the actual land mass as just show the world guard areas (which it can do) so people can't just go and track/find some area by just using the map and never having to go out, or the chance of using it to find some other village in the making and mess with the area around them (Deforest and such). Kinda like this map of the states:

OMG a map of China!

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #10 on: 23 August 2012, 09:22:54 PM »

OMG a map of China!

You are so mexican  ;D
On a side note, I support.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 August 2012, 09:40:39 PM »

OMG a map of China!

You are so mexican  ;D
On a side note, I support.

The Dynamap plugin has been updated quite a bit and the plugin dev has supposedly (according to reports I've received from friends of mine with other servers, at least) been pretty good about answering tickets and releasing fixes for the problems. It's been updated a decent amount and the most recent version was released August 19th. Perhaps it's worth a review.

Offline TobTrev

• Villager
  • I will never do it.....
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 5 September 2012, 10:18:39 PM »
I agree with Islid

Offline Lycoris

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Artificially Intelligent Data Anomaly
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 October 2012, 10:40:12 AM »
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/emotions/

I want this. Just for the /facepalm emotion.
Can i haz pl0x?

Swatted away by the world, I was atop an incredibly thin needle.
I was using the tips of my fingers to balance,
But it wasn’t until they touched you that I learned I wasn’t alone;
That alone bestowed upon me these crooked wings.
“What do you want to accomplish between life and death,” I asked,
But all you did was laugh, like an angel.
Weaving through the spaces of the hordes of buildings burning in the summer heat,
We’ll eventually descend, pulling that trigger at the very end.
And winter will cover everything.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 12 October 2012, 11:55:18 AM »
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/emotions/

I want this. Just for the /facepalm emotion.
Can i haz pl0x?

We should get it. I like it. I vote yes, motherfuckers.

Offline Fuzzy_Yeti_69

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
  • The original Jedi Panda
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 12 October 2012, 02:43:59 PM »
Weren't we supposed to be getting the mob arena plugin?
I remember voting yes to that...

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 October 2012, 02:54:47 PM »

With the 1.3 updates it still needs to have some fixes before adding it as before when I was testing it with the 1.3.1 it was causing many errors.

Offline Fuzzy_Yeti_69

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 October 2012, 04:38:58 PM »

With the 1.3 updates it still needs to have some fixes before adding it as before when I was testing it with the 1.3.1 it was causing many errors.

Ok, just wondering

Offline lordmel01

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 October 2012, 05:48:35 PM »

It would allow us to more definitively map the server's land, possibly allowing us to re-find old abandoned villages ages away from spawn. It would also let us see where land is not generated yet, which can be useful for a variety of reasons. Finally, if enabled, we can see the position of people on the map - a feature that CJ would no doubt find extremely useful in his PVP hunting hours.

The player tracking can be turned off, and to my knowledge the current version has little to no bug problems (I've talked to several other owners who I know use it and they say the recent update has no known conflicts). I'm interested in seeing this considered as a possible add in, since I know it's incredibly frustrating for me at least to not know where I am half the time in relation to other stuff, because of the incredibly vast size of the map. It might also assist in finding new land for new people to plop a village on, so they're not just crowding villages all on top of one another.

Yes, you can change features - you can remove as much as you want and run it as a lean plugin. It comes in sets of modules, where you can just plug in and out various features such as locating players, chat bubbles, types of map generation, etc. All you need to do is remove the bit that does that.

You have the choice to not track certain worlds - if you want to save on resources any more, you just track the Overworld and leave it at that, since the End has spawners and the Nether doesn't really need to be mapped. It's an option.

Yes, you can disable the tracking of people, as I said above - if you don't want people to be seen on the map, you can remove that feature.

it seems like a good plug in but i see how people could use it as a griefing tool

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #19 on: 12 October 2012, 08:17:08 PM »

it seems like a good plug in but i see how people could use it as a griefing tool

You know, mini map mods can also be used to find things in the outlands. I really see no problem with this plug-in.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #20 on: 13 October 2012, 01:21:41 AM »

You know, mini map mods can also be used to find things in the outlands. I really see no problem with this plug-in.

but then kovos you have to been within a 8 chunk area for your minimap to read it. unlike with dynamap you can see it all.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #21 on: 13 October 2012, 12:20:15 PM »

but then kovos you have to been within a 8 chunk area for your minimap to read it. unlike with dynamap you can see it all.

Again, with a minimap and a bit of mapping in game, this can be achieved. Besides, griefing is against the rules. Judiciary measures can be taken against the griefer and the griefing can be undone. I still see no problems here.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #22 on: 13 October 2012, 12:56:35 PM »

Again, with a minimap and a bit of mapping in game, this can be achieved. Besides, griefing is against the rules. Judiciary measures can be taken against the griefer and the griefing can be undone. I still see no problems here.

I think you missed the part about having to still go there. So yes they can get a map, but its only a snapshot of that area from when they were there.  One thing I have against anything that shows detail is that you can see where someone is build and grief, yes its not allowed, but is that going to stop someone whose sole purpose is griefing?

Also on a side note some of those map mods if used in certain ways will clarify as xray so watch what you are doing.

Offline lordmel01

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #23 on: 13 October 2012, 12:58:03 PM »

\

well yes its a fine plug in its just griefers might use it to find unprotected villages and grief them
but it does seem like a good plugin and i like it so now i can reach aidas village on pig back on next update

I think you missed the part about having to still go there. So yes they can get a map, but its only a snapshot of that area from when they were there.  One thing I have against anything that shows detail is that you can see where someone is build and grief, yes its not allowed, but is that going to stop someone whose sole purpose is griefing?

Also on a side note some of those map mods if used in certain ways will clarify as xray so watch what you are doing.

well if its that aqurate of a map then i vote for it

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #24 on: 13 October 2012, 02:50:37 PM »

I was talking about in game maps like getting a compass and 8 pieces of paper. The only "mapping" mod I have Rei's mini map.

Second of all, not having this plug in will not stop someone from griefing. A "sole purpose" griefer is not very discriminatory about griefing. The first building that is griefable usually is griefed - plug in or not.

Offline lordmel01

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #25 on: 13 October 2012, 08:35:19 PM »

I was talking about in game maps like getting a compass and 8 pieces of paper. The only "mapping" mod I have Rei's mini map.

Second of all, not having this plug in will not stop someone from griefing. A "sole purpose" griefer is not very discriminatory about griefing. The first building that is griefable usually is griefed - plug in or not.

so is this map a live view of whats going on on server or is it just a image

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #26 on: 13 October 2012, 08:47:01 PM »

so is this map a live view of whats going on on server or is it just a image

Live View.

Offline lordmel01

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #27 on: 13 October 2012, 11:07:41 PM »
ok air. so how do we accses this map? is it thru the servers website or is it just the normal map thing only fixed
dude that thing you added isnt going to let me sleep well tonight you know that thing that sticks out its tounge or what ever

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #28 on: 13 October 2012, 11:52:17 PM »
ok air. so how do we accses this map? is it thru the servers website or is it just the normal map thing only fixed
dude that thing you added isnt going to let me sleep well tonight you know that thing that sticks out its tounge or what ever

cant access something that does not exist. You access it by how ever it was set up which can change dramatically based on the server.

Offline Fuzzy_Yeti_69

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #29 on: 14 October 2012, 04:46:03 AM »
I support this
Could be pretty helpful

Offline knitefall

• Cheese
  • Fuck you, fuck you, your cool, fuck you, I am out!
    • View profile
« Reply #30 on: 14 October 2012, 04:34:27 PM »
Could we make it so it shows people  ??? I would love to be able to hunt people down faster