Author Topic: /Fly ability  (Read 3272 times)

Offline Gamalin (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
    • View profile
/Fly ability
« on: 7 September 2017, 07:29:55 PM »
I'm sure this question comes up loads and my apologies for asking again.
I am just wondering if one is able to get the fly command? I suppose I've been spoilt in the past but I tend to build quite big builds (castles, walls, towers etc) and find it frustrating at not being able to fly abouts building.
I know it's survival but my time is sometimes very limited and it would make life much easier if one could fly  :)

Thanks,

Gamalin

Offline OctoGamer

• Staff Member | Forum Mod
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 22
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
Re: /Fly ability
« Reply #1 on: 7 September 2017, 07:52:33 PM »
its a survival server, we give fly out rarley for large projects, or for server projects.

i don't think vc has gone to shit because it's unprofessional; in fact, that's why it is still good

Offline PengBunny

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 11
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 7 September 2017, 07:58:10 PM »
depends on who you ask for fly
You know a thread is really bad when PengBunny posts on it.

My daddy is Air

air when the fuck did you do this ^^^

Offline Gamalin (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 8 September 2017, 05:01:46 AM »
Ah My thanks, as I said I have been spoilt in the past with it being a perk of rank etc. Not to matter I shall just learn to scaffold again

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 9 September 2017, 01:33:30 PM »
its a survival server, we give fly out rarley for large projects, or for server projects.

Put these two pieces of information together, and the answer becomes:

The answer basically is: no, there's no specific method to obtain access to /fly, like a rank. Instead, if you become a well-known player on the server, and Staff can see that your intent with fly is for artistic/creative reasons that will in some way improve the server, rather than to abuse the ability to get an unfair advantage over others, and you may be given the opportunity. This often comes with a few rules you need to agree to.

So my advice is: make a bit of a name for yourself. Be a good person and build cool things. Eventually you'll probably earn the trust and goodwill of players and staff and quite possibly be given /fly access to work on projects that benefit from it.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline PengBunny

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 11
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 9 September 2017, 11:32:19 PM »

Put these two pieces of information together, and the answer becomes:

The answer basically is: no, there's no specific method to obtain access to /fly, like a rank. Instead, if you become a well-known player on the server, and Staff can see that your intent with fly is for artistic/creative reasons that will in some way improve the server, rather than to abuse the ability to get an unfair advantage over others, and you may be given the opportunity. This often comes with a few rules you need to agree to.

So my advice is: make a bit of a name for yourself. Be a good person and build cool things. Eventually you'll probably earn the trust and goodwill of players and staff and quite possibly be given /fly access to work on projects that benefit from it.

can confirm this is a working method on how to get fly in vc
You know a thread is really bad when PengBunny posts on it.

My daddy is Air

air when the fuck did you do this ^^^

Offline Gamalin (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 September 2017, 02:42:28 PM »
Many thanks Akomine! for the clarification. Makes sense and so it's off to the good lad college for me it seems. Though i'm sure i'll be an expert in dirt scaffolding before soon :oP

Offline Gamalin (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 May 2019, 04:53:53 AM »
Only problem is now, is that staff need to actually be online to see that i have been good and my village speaks for itself. Still very difficult/hair raising and frustrating without fly  :-\