Author Topic: RagsDeeboo Ban Appeal.  (Read 27493 times)

Offline RagsDeeboo (OP)

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 2
    • View profile
RagsDeeboo Ban Appeal.
« on: 8 February 2018, 12:27:23 AM »
Hello,
I was shocked and disturbed that this afternoon, I was banned for "duping using DrugMeUp". I don't even know how to dupe. I never have known. Never plan on knowing. Allow me to explain what happened. I come out of my room one morning and Sophie starts yelling at me "Rags! Check this out! Someone put a shitload of diamond blocks in our pumpkin farm chests!!". My initial reaction was "wait what?", then followed by "ok, this is too good to be true. Let's see who did this." So I go online and do /lb tb and I saw that no names were there. Very confused, I tell a staff member (not sure who) and they told me to go ahead and sell them. So I do. I gained a total of 11 million, and that was that.
   I believe this punishment for my "duping" is VERY harsh too. I was perm banned on my 1st and only offense I've ever had. Do you not think that's slightly harsh? I'm not even asking for a full unban, just a reduced ban to whatever is fine with staff.
   Again, I don't know how to dupe. I found out that DrugMeUp was removed because people could dupe with it from Yvette on a Skype call a few weeks ago, and I was slightly surprised. You can ask her about it.
   Overall, I would just like to plead my innocence and hope for the best. Thank you.

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
Re: RagsDeeboo Ban Appeal.
« Reply #1 on: 8 February 2018, 12:46:34 AM »

I don't even know how to dupe. I never have known. Never plan on knowing. Allow me to explain what happened. I come out of my room one morning and Sophie starts yelling at me "Rags! Check this out! Someone put a shitload of diamond blocks in our pumpkin farm chests!!".
Smells like doo doo

Offline RagsDeeboo (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 8 February 2018, 12:51:29 AM »

I don't even know how to dupe. I never have known. Never plan on knowing. Allow me to explain what happened. I come out of my room one morning and Sophie starts yelling at me "Rags! Check this out! Someone put a shitload of diamond blocks in our pumpkin farm chests!!".
Smells like doo doo
I understand how much it sounds like bullshit. But, I can't stress enough that I am in a spot where it's hard to prove my innocence, and I haven't done anything wrong.

Offline Yvette

• Staff Member
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 7
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 8 February 2018, 01:37:36 AM »
Again, I don't know how to dupe. I found out that DrugMeUp was removed because people could dupe with it from Yvette on a Skype call a few weeks ago, and I was slightly surprised. You can ask her about it.

I'll confirm I explained to him, after the plugin was removed ill add (was not trying to spread duping) that duping was a thing. Not definitive evidence he didn't do it but notable enough.
More importantly I'd really like to find out which staff member it was that told soph/rags it was ok to sell them. Kat also confirmed that a staff member told them it was okay to sell. That's a key factor to this that really should have been resolved before going right to a ban.
And I agree that this is a first offence, a PERMANENT ban for a first offence of someone who's been on the server for like 2 years is pretty crazy, even if he did do everything he is accused of.
TLDR:
Address the staff member that helped soph/rags determine if the diamond blocks were ok to sell.
If they really did dupe it, the ban shouldn't be more than a few weeks due to this happening 4 months ago, and it being a first offence of a longtime member.
VC always has been like this. It has ebbs and flows, just like my menstrual periods

<[VIP] ~VieuxRiche> get with your reading skills and dont piss off powerful elite

How the fuck is @Jakrelia staff, shes probably r/againsthatesubreddits or some gay shit. 0/10 review on yelp.

Offline Sargon2002

• Brand New Poster
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 8 February 2018, 01:46:43 AM »
From what I have gathered, the chests rags is talking about were not originally his. They belonged to Kylie in her pumpkin farm. Are we completely sure that the shulker boxes were originally his? Also, even if it is found out that rags 100% did this, the duplications were not very recent, but I do believe a temp ban is in order of maybe about a month or so in length. But a permanent ban considering he has never broken the rules before seems harsh and more of a hurt to the server then a help. The server does not have an unlimited amount of players like rags who are willing to be active players on this server and banning someone permanently on a server which gets smaller each year on a game which becomes less popular every year for someone's first and only offence seems counter productive to the server.

Offline RagsDeeboo (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 8 February 2018, 01:52:44 AM »
From what I have gathered, the chests rags is talking about were not originally his. They belonged to Kylie in her pumpkin farm. Are we completely sure that the shulker boxes were originally his? Also, even if it is found out that rags 100% did this, the duplications were not very recent, but I do believe a temp ban is in order of maybe about a month or so in length. But a permanent ban considering he has never broken the rules before seems harsh and more of a hurt to the server then a help. The server does not have an unlimited amount of players like rags who are willing to be active players on this server and banning someone permanently on a server which gets smaller each year on a game which becomes less popular every year for someone's first and only offence seems counter productive to the server.
Yes, this farm did belong to Kylie before me. I'm not sure if that's related, but it possibly is.

Offline Yvette

• Staff Member
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 8 February 2018, 01:54:34 AM »
Yes, this farm did belong to Kylie before me. I'm not sure if that's related, but it possibly is.
question
block logs show the diamond in light blue shulker boxes that you and soph both placed, that isnt disputed and is the main reason you're suspected of duping
are you able to show us where you originally found the diamonds?
« Last Edit: 8 February 2018, 07:06:29 AM by OctoGamer »
VC always has been like this. It has ebbs and flows, just like my menstrual periods

<[VIP] ~VieuxRiche> get with your reading skills and dont piss off powerful elite

How the fuck is @Jakrelia staff, shes probably r/againsthatesubreddits or some gay shit. 0/10 review on yelp.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 8 February 2018, 04:57:28 AM »
I duped in the very early VC days and I was given another chance. I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't agree with lifting or reducing both bans. If a staff member actually said it was ok to sell them, I would recommend lifting the bans and punishing Rag's and Soph's balance somewhat (after taking away all the money from the duped diamonds obviously).

But a permanent ban considering he has never broken the rules before seems harsh and more of a hurt to the server then a help. The server does not have an unlimited amount of players like rags who are willing to be active players on this server and banning someone permanently on a server which gets smaller each year on a game which becomes less popular every year for someone's first and only offence seems counter productive to the server.

I agree.

Offline OctoGamer

• Staff Member | Forum Mod
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 22
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 8 February 2018, 06:59:48 AM »
Hello,
I was shocked and disturbed that this afternoon, I was banned for "duping using DrugMeUp". I don't even know how to dupe. I never have known. Never plan on knowing. Allow me to explain what happened. I come out of my room one morning and Sophie starts yelling at me "Rags! Check this out! Someone put a shitload of diamond blocks in our pumpkin farm chests!!". My initial reaction was "wait what?", then followed by "ok, this is too good to be true. Let's see who did this." So I go online and do /lb tb and I saw that no names were there. Very confused, I tell a staff member (not sure who) and they told me to go ahead and sell them. So I do. I gained a total of 11 million, and that was that.
   I believe this punishment for my "duping" is VERY harsh too. I was perm banned on my 1st and only offense I've ever had. Do you not think that's slightly harsh? I'm not even asking for a full unban, just a reduced ban to whatever is fine with staff.
   Overall, I would just like to plead my innocence and hope for the best. Thank you.
That's not what I heard.

anyways. let tell what we saw.

We found over 8 blocks in soph and rag's farm that say they both placed and took diamond blocks by the 1000's out of light blue shulkerboxes. the blocks added up to about 37m total, around 19,000 blocks i believe. @Frog has the math done somewhere. the shulkerboxes were placed, and the diamond blocks were taken out seconds later. I really can't see how 19,000+ diamond blocks just "appeared" also at the time. there was no evidence found of anyone placing them in your farms, just you and soph placing shulkerboxes and taking the diamonds out seconds later.

The reason this was found out about 4 months later is because I could never find proof on VC. Until just recently. and in the logs i briefly looked at of Soph talking about the diamonds, there was nothing about her asking a staff member, she logged on.

The log I have for soph, is right after she changed her name. and its the day the supposed duping was done as well. the very first thing soph does is go to her pumpkin farm, and immediately goes to warp minerals and starts selling. she then gives some out to other people, and talks about how she thinks they are rags. even though she placed some of the boxes. Rags logs in minutes later, and goes straight to the farm and starts selling. No where does it show they asked any staff member if they were allowed to sell them. unless i'm missing something.

Also, unlikely this was Die, as I believe she was banned long before our 1.12 update. not 100% sure though, but I think she was.

I'm fine with an unban for you, Rags, once this is fully sorted out. Although, I believe you know you're guilty " I'm not even asking for a full unban, just a reduced ban to whatever is fine with staff." why wouldn't you want a full unban if you did nothing wrong?
« Last Edit: 8 February 2018, 07:21:29 AM by OctoGamer »

i don't think vc has gone to shit because it's unprofessional; in fact, that's why it is still good

Lividup64

« Reply #9 on: 8 February 2018, 07:12:48 AM »
Rags does have a previous offense of evading ascn ignore.

Offline Yvette

• Staff Member
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 8 February 2018, 08:48:36 AM »
Although, I believe you know you're guilty " I'm not even asking for a full unban, just a reduced ban to whatever is fine with staff." why wouldn't you want a full unban if you did nothing wrong?
Agree with everything else but just wanna point out this isnt really a sign of guilt, its very common for people accused of something to negotiate a lesser punishment instead of fully clearing themselves if they're struggling to do so.

Offline Shensley

• Cheese
  • U Can't Touch This
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 8 February 2018, 09:02:08 AM »
I honestly think a perm ban is called for, I remember getting perm banned for duping 700k, and someone who dupes more then 30 Million obviously knows its wrong but continues anyways. I also think its worse that rags was a trusted player, My guess is that he duped and probably thought his trust would protect him. I stand by the ban unless someone can show something that proves the ban wrong.

Also, @Akomine doesn't this kinda remind you of what @123NiceGirl4 told us about how rags "randomly" had a shulker full of diamond blocks appear in his Inv? Im going to quote what nicegirl said in messages as I feel this might help. " I was on today and frog notice that rags had a shulker box full of diamond blocks in his inventory. I checked it out and he was right. I questioned rags on Skype and he doesn't know how the box got into his inventory. He says he hasn't been on as much and it was the first time today he noticed." I find it very hard to believe that 30+ Million worth of diamond blocks randomly appeared in the pumpkin farm chests, your inventory, from kylie. In my eyes all these different ways the diamond blocks supposedly got into your hands makes you look very guilty.

Quote from: PengBunny
link=topic=212.msg32741#msg32741 date=1421280717
they dont let fags become admin

Offline Katkatdaddy

• Member of Parliament
  • New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 8 February 2018, 09:22:54 AM »
About 3 weeks ago to a month ago I was questioning Soph about the money again because I still thought it was strange, she explained to me that she did ask staff when she found the diamonds and they said it was fine to take, not sure if she was lying but just stating what I know.  Also when Sophie found the diamonds, she offered to share with me but she also said she has to save some for Rags because it was found at their shared farm.  Around 10-15 minutes later Rags comes on thrilled about sophies encounter of the money.  I do think Sophie duped but I do not think Rags did as he was very very surprised when he found out. 

Offline Shensley

• Cheese
  • U Can't Touch This
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 8 February 2018, 09:24:53 AM »
About 3 weeks ago to a month ago I was questioning Soph about the money again because I still thought it was strange, she explained to me that she did ask staff when she found the diamonds and they said it was fine to take, not sure if she was lying but just stating what I know.  Also when Sophie found the diamonds, she offered to share with me but she also said she has to save some for Rags because it was found at their shared farm.  Around 10-15 minutes later Rags comes on thrilled about sophies encounter of the money.  I do think Sophie duped but I do not think Rags did as he was very very surprised when he found out.

Its not that hard to fake being surprised

Offline Katkatdaddy

• Member of Parliament
  • New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 8 February 2018, 09:32:30 AM »
nvm I just re read everyones comments, especially Octos and I think its possible it was the both of them who duped.  Possibly mainly soph and rags just knew she was doing it.

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 22
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 8 February 2018, 09:37:41 AM »
They didnt ask staff according to the logs i checked from that date. Just making that clear idk if they asked somewhere else, but dont give the skype excuse without being able to show proof lol

i don't think vc has gone to shit because it's unprofessional; in fact, that's why it is still good

Offline Yvette

• Staff Member
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 8 February 2018, 10:08:39 AM »
question
block logs show the diamond in light blue shulker boxes that you and soph both placed, that isnt disputed and is the main reason you're suspected of duping
Id still like this question answered, rags.

Offline RagsDeeboo (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 8 February 2018, 11:54:04 AM »
question
Id still like this question answered, rags.
Yes, I can.

Offline RagsDeeboo (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 8 February 2018, 11:55:09 AM »
Although, I believe you know you're guilty " I'm not even asking for a full unban, just a reduced ban to whatever is fine with staff." why wouldn't you want a full unban if you did nothing wrong?
Agree with everything else but just wanna point out this isnt really a sign of guilt, its very common for people accused of something to negotiate a lesser punishment instead of fully clearing themselves if they're struggling to do so.
That is my exact reason.

Offline RagsDeeboo (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #19 on: 8 February 2018, 11:55:56 AM »
They didnt ask staff according to the logs i checked from that date. Just making that clear idk if they asked somewhere else, but dont give the skype excuse without being able to show proof lol
I'm almost positive I asked someone who said yes. I know I told a staff member.

Offline RagsDeeboo (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #20 on: 8 February 2018, 11:57:24 AM »
I honestly think a perm ban is called for, I remember getting perm banned for duping 700k, and someone who dupes more then 30 Million obviously knows its wrong but continues anyways. I also think its worse that rags was a trusted player, My guess is that he duped and probably thought his trust would protect him. I stand by the ban unless someone can show something that proves the ban wrong.

Also, @Akomine doesn't this kinda remind you of what @123NiceGirl4 told us about how rags "randomly" had a shulker full of diamond blocks appear in his Inv? Im going to quote what nicegirl said in messages as I feel this might help. " I was on today and frog notice that rags had a shulker box full of diamond blocks in his inventory. I checked it out and he was right. I questioned rags on Skype and he doesn't know how the box got into his inventory. He says he hasn't been on as much and it was the first time today he noticed." I find it very hard to believe that 30+ Million worth of diamond blocks randomly appeared in the pumpkin farm chests, your inventory, from kylie. In my eyes all these different ways the diamond blocks supposedly got into your hands makes you look very guilty.
A perm ban for my first offence? I've never been banned or muted in my whole 2 years of being on VC. And being perm banned for something I didn't do seems like a lot of bullshit.

Offline RagsDeeboo (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #21 on: 8 February 2018, 11:59:37 AM »
Hello,
That's not what I heard.

We found over 8 blocks in soph and rag's farm that say they both placed and took diamond blocks by the 1000's out of light blue shulkerboxes. the blocks added up to about 37m total, around 19,000 blocks i believe. @Frog has the math done somewhere. the shulkerboxes were placed, and the diamond blocks were taken out seconds later. I really can't see how 19,000+ diamond blocks just "appeared" also at the time. there was no evidence found of anyone placing them in your farms, just you and soph placing shulkerboxes and taking the diamonds out seconds later.

The reason this was found out about 4 months later is because I could never find proof on VC. Until just recently. and in the logs i briefly looked at of Soph talking about the diamonds, there was nothing about her asking a staff member, she logged on.

The log I have for soph, is right after she changed her name. and its the day the supposed duping was done as well. the very first thing soph does is go to her pumpkin farm, and immediately goes to warp minerals and starts selling. she then gives some out to other people, and talks about how she thinks they are rags. even though she placed some of the boxes. Rags logs in minutes later, and goes straight to the farm and starts selling. No where does it show they asked any staff member if they were allowed to sell them. unless i'm missing something.

Also, unlikely this was Die, as I believe she was banned long before our 1.12 update. not 100% sure though, but I think she was.

I'm fine with an unban for you, Rags, once this is fully sorted out. Although, I believe you know you're guilty " I'm not even asking for a full unban, just a reduced ban to whatever is fine with staff." why wouldn't you want a full unban if you did nothing wrong?
I'm honestly not sure what do do at this point. But I can't stress this enough that I'm not guilty of this. I wasn't even the first person to see these diamonds. Is it a possibility that someone hacked and made it seem like we did it? I know it would be unlikely, but it's possible.

Offline luisc99

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
« Reply #22 on: 8 February 2018, 12:02:59 PM »
I'm almost positive I asked someone who said yes. I know I told a staff member.

Do you remember roughly when this was? Time? Date? Week? Month? If you can narrow it down a bit I can find the chat logs from when you asked, so we can see exactly who you asked, and what the conversation went like

Offline Shensley

• Cheese
  • U Can't Touch This
    • View profile
« Reply #23 on: 8 February 2018, 12:10:03 PM »

A perm ban for my first offence? I've never been banned or muted in my whole 2 years of being on VC. And being perm banned for something I didn't do seems like a lot of bullshit.

Yes i do think a perm ban is the correct punishment, Duplicating that amount is a horrible first offense and should not be taken lightly, and unless you can provide some type of evidence that proves your innocence i stand with the perm ban

Lividup64

« Reply #24 on: 8 February 2018, 12:10:10 PM »
If you didn't do it, then why are you fine with a tempban? Be honest. Hacking in 37 million dollars between you and Soph is not okay.

Offline Yvette

• Staff Member
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #25 on: 8 February 2018, 12:13:00 PM »
If you didn't do it, then why are you fine with a tempban? Be honest. Hacking in 37 million dollars between you and Soph is not okay.
Refer to my reply to octo, its not an admission of guilt.

Lividup64

« Reply #26 on: 8 February 2018, 12:14:15 PM »

Then why want a tempban at all? imo it seems like a very fishy way of getting a reduced punishment for something they did

Offline Yvette

• Staff Member
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #27 on: 8 February 2018, 12:14:58 PM »
Hello,
That's not what I heard.

I'm honestly not sure what do do at this point. But I can't stress this enough that I'm not guilty of this. I wasn't even the first person to see these diamonds. Is it a possibility that someone hacked and made it seem like we did it? I know it would be unlikely, but it's possible.
K im sorry but that is total utter bullshit. You cant hack a specific plugin to falsify a log from 4 months ago, nor would anyone do it as such a grand conspiracy.

Offline Yvette

• Staff Member
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #28 on: 8 February 2018, 12:16:36 PM »

Then why want a tempban at all? imo it seems like a very fishy way of getting a reduced punishment for something they did
Think of it like IRL court cases. Youre facing 20 years for a crime you say you didn't commit. You can serve the 20 and plead not guilty, or cut a deal and plea guilty for 10 years even though you say you didn't do it.

Lividup64

« Reply #29 on: 8 February 2018, 12:17:16 PM »

Think of it like IRL court cases. Youre facing 20 years for a crime you say you didn't commit. You can serve the 20 and plead not guilty, or cut a deal and plea guilty for 10 years even though you say you didn't do it.

can u log on pls

Offline RagsDeeboo (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #30 on: 8 February 2018, 12:25:08 PM »

I don't want a tempban at all. I'm just saying that it's better than a perm ban.