Author Topic: GUI Shop Plugin - Alt incentive for Voting  (Read 3288 times)

Offline Gamalin (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
    • View profile
GUI Shop Plugin - Alt incentive for Voting
« on: 12 June 2018, 09:36:08 AM »
Hi there,

I mentioned this in passing a while back and thought i'd pull my finger out and make an official suggestion.

In short this is the plug in (or similar if you wish)
https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/guishop.2451/

The idea is every time you vote you get (in addition to any rewards you would still like to give) a token per vote. These tokens would be spent in the above virtual shop. The shop could hold enchanted tools & weapons, eggs, special blocks, etc etc

With all due respect to the great work done to this server, the current rewards do not seem any incentive (diamonds are about all that are useful and they are very few).
Don't get me wrong I would and do vote no matter the reward. I have just noticed how very quiet, support for the server in this way is, and thought this might get people going for it.

Hope you take time to consider  :D

Gamalin

Offline OctoGamer

• Staff Member | Forum Mod
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 22
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
Re: GUI Shop Plugin - Alt incentive for Voting
« Reply #1 on: 12 June 2018, 10:22:22 AM »
we actually looked into this a while ago while working on vcgames and its a plugin we decided to avoid, i forget why but if people are interested its worth looking into again.

i don't think vc has gone to shit because it's unprofessional; in fact, that's why it is still good

Offline Gamalin (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 June 2018, 11:56:09 AM »
Well if there was a technical problem with it, a similar plugin like

https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/shopplus-advanced-gui-shop.47233/

or in fact this looks more like what i was talking about

https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/virtual-tokens.674/

Offline luisc99

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 June 2018, 03:09:13 PM »
For what it's worth, I'm open to adding new items (like enchanted books) to the vote reward list. The rewards are for you after all, as a thank you for voting. Tell us what you want, and we'll (probably) add it to the mix! :D

Offline Yvette

• Staff Member
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 7
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 June 2018, 07:10:45 PM »
I like this
Would we be able to give out tokens arbitrarily or is it only for voting? EG maybe we could give out tokens for wins in VCG, and events and stuff
VC always has been like this. It has ebbs and flows, just like my menstrual periods

<[VIP] ~VieuxRiche> get with your reading skills and dont piss off powerful elite

How the fuck is @Jakrelia staff, shes probably r/againsthatesubreddits or some gay shit. 0/10 review on yelp.

Offline Gamalin (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 June 2018, 07:42:31 PM »
My thanks @luisc99 that would certainly be a bonus if this did not go through!

I believe the tokens can be given out via an automated system (voting) or by staff members for what ever reasons. Competitions, praise for builds, etc.

The bonus with the tokens is it it gives the supporter of the server, a personal choice of some thing useful instead of random things that might not be needed.

Example I am needing to mine out a large area of a mountain for a dwarven fortress, access to enchanted pickaxes with eff IV and unbreak IV or if i wanted to use this for the outside of the fortress add silk touch, would be a god send specially if all it meant was to vote for the server.

Some might say this might take away the need to personally learn enchanting, however the 'store' would only sell essential things and not rare or fun things that need to be won by personal experience to enjoy.

A side note would be, if this ever went though, not to bringing the tokens into the donation area as this puts players off under the 'pay to win' umbrella.

As i said previously, no matter what i will vote almost daily, but we all know that this is not the fact others. I do think more people (old and new) would vote if they thought they could do something with it.

Anyway, it's late and i think i'll leave it there before i push my luck  :P

Nite nite!

Gamalin

Offline Gamalin (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 6 September 2018, 09:06:53 AM »
Hi all,

As per a recent conversation, I thought I would bump this post as we obviously need to get more players and, to me, this seems a good incentive for new or past players. Items would not need to stick as ench items, specially with 1.13, eggs for example could be offered in the shop.

I would also like to take this opportunity to ask what peoples views are on MCMMO being introduced (if possible) for professions wood cutting, mining, acrobatics, etc? It would surely give players something else to strive for?

Finally I wonder also on views for the (or similar) plugin called Slimefun? Again it add's that little bit more that players can play around with?

Thanks for your time,

Gamalin

Offline Naomi

• Staff Member | Forum Mod
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 28
  • Lighthouse Obsessed
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 9 September 2018, 12:56:48 PM »
I personally love Mccmo! But I also feel like it generally makes a server lag quite a bit, which is unfortunate. I happen to love how you can level up your skills to have a reward with the plug in.
There are a lot of attitudes going on around here, Don't let me get one.

reasons to vote naomi: second sexiest person on the ballot, slight southern drawl, has won woman of the year every year since 1899 (the mainstream media doesn't want you to know)

vote for naomi idiots

like if you need to me to write out a fully fledged post to persuade you i will, but i just prefer we avoid all that effort and you vote for naomi

Naomi is hot. Hot cm is nice. 8) 8)

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 9 September 2018, 01:53:22 PM »
We used to have it years ago (pretty sure I installed it myself but I don't remember) but I think it caused issues or something.

Offline MadonnaHungUp

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • New Villager
  • Llamas: 0
  • electrical engineering student @ UIUC
    • View profile
    • MADAME X PREORDER ———
« Reply #9 on: 24 May 2019, 01:58:50 AM »
stfu keep it the fake votes wont help the server on its deathbed
I lost my signature cause im a bit of a cunt

Offline Gamalin (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 October 2019, 10:58:29 AM »
Hi Mister Annoying here again,

Thought I would bump this as we have updated our server to 1.4##

Have the server owners/coders have any take on the matter now  for the voting incentive idea and the MCMMO (or similar) plugin?

Tanks,

Gamalin

Offline gerrit70

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 9
  • U all succ
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 October 2019, 09:06:31 PM »
I thought that the general consensus was against MCMMO plugins, but that was a few years ago I believe. Just thought I should bring that up.
Guh

I'm a huge faggot and I love sucking airs cock.

It is abysmal that any one person would take try to limit the happiness that Gerrit70 has brought to this dull place.

Free Gerrit70 from his chains!

holy fuck gerrit you're autistic.

Offline Gamalin (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 31 October 2019, 10:29:18 AM »
Indeed I understand some time back this was the view. However since then the game and plugin has come a long way.
Additionally with the numbers being not that high, It might firstly make it more interesting for when there's noone around and secondly may get new players in.
No offence against the owners, they have lives outside of MC, things could do with a little TLC as of late?