Author Topic: Qualia Metro now open!  (Read 57 times)

Offline luisc99 (OP)

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 44
  • Are you owed PPI? Call today on +44 8081 570 570
    • View profile
Qualia Metro now open!
« on: 24 November 2018, 04:10:14 PM »
Months ago I made a little metro/subway system around Qualia, linking all the interesting places both in and around Qualia, but never opened it up to the public. Rather than it just sitting there unnoticed, I figured I should open it up for all to enjoy. It consists of two overlapping loops, extending up to Starport Alice in the north, Qualia Outskirts in the west, and Quail Meadows in the south. It's a great way to explore all the areas of Qualia you've never been before, and can be a fun way of getting around without using teleports. You can get between any two stations in a matter of minutes, and it's got plenty of connections with the existing railway. It looks like this on the overview map, and on a (somewhat outdated) metro-style map it looks like this.

I tried to make the entrances to the station blend in to the surroundings, while still being in a somewhat convenient place. They're not too in-your-face, but similarly you don't have to walk for ages to get to them.

~ Luis <3

A gallery of some screenshots, a bit less fancy than the ones Ten used to take, but still shows off bits of the new metro.
"Damn Luis is fuckin good" ~ airborne101st45 - 2018-02-12

"You are god. Or Lucifer, your choice" ~ Akomine - 2017-09-06

"if people were making gay lists then you'd be the first one up there, followed by a black drag queen called queen sheniqua" ~ Lividup64 - 2017-07-08

"Luis da man, confirmed." ~ Akomine - 2017-04-21

"ta" ~ Lividup64 - 2017-03-11

"Hi, we still trust and love luisc99, he is a good pal and I'd let him take my girlfriend out to a romantic dinner" ~ airborne101st45 - 2017-03-04

"We aren't no one. We are gods" ~ Akomine - 2016-08-13

"Shut up you self-interested, entitled chode, criticizing luis's scheduling. He tries to accommodate people. Fuck your optional saturday lunch you fat fuck. fuck you" ~ Akomine - 2016-02-13

"THAT'S RIGHT! I GOT IT! I'LL HACK THE OZONE LAYER!" ~ Lividup64 - 2015-10-26

"THAT'S RIGHT! I GOT IT! I'LL HACK GREENHOUSES!" ~ catty610 - 2015-10-23

"It's an electric field" ~ ChaosMushrooms - 2015-06-29

"A blade of grass is a commonplace on Earth; it would be a miracle on Mars. Our descendants on Mars will know the value of a patch of green. And if a blade of grass is priceless, what is the value of a human being?" ~ Carl Sagan - 1994

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 19
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
Re: Qualia Metro now open!
« Reply #1 on: 24 November 2018, 05:48:28 PM »
Whoaaa, so cool, I'm gonna go explore it.

That Metro-style map is really nice

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline EnderEssence

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 2
  • Ex-VCer. Active 2015-2016, moved on to Mineplex.
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 November 2018, 12:43:17 AM »
Whoaaa, so cool, I'm gonna go explore it.

That Metro-style map is really nice

Can't help but second this, it's really something @luisc99.

I like people replying to a lot of threads, it keeps the forums active. Ender, reply to any threads you want.

Offline Gamalin

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 November 2018, 05:35:29 AM »
Outstanding work! I'll definitely be exploring this!  :D