Author Topic: Starting Wage Increase  (Read 4460 times)

Offline pkorus (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
  • Llamas: 0
  • Have no fear Phil is here!
    • View profile
Starting Wage Increase
« on: 15 December 2018, 12:22:50 AM »
In today's super inflated Village Craft economy $200 is nowhere near enough to have a good start on this server. I propose that we adjust the starting wage from $200 to $1000. The $200 from the days of old just don't go as far anymore, and we're putting already disadvantaged players at an even greater disadvantage. Also by increasing the starting wage we can promote further stimulation to the Village Craft economy which will be a net benefit! /s
Привет, товарищ

сука шлюха

Offline OctoGamer

• Staff Member | Forum Mod
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 22
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
Re: Starting Wage Increase
« Reply #1 on: 15 December 2018, 02:02:12 AM »
In today's super inflated Village Craft economy $200 is nowhere near enough to have a good start on this server. I propose that we adjust the starting wage from $200 to $1000. The $200 from the days of old just don't go as far anymore, and we're putting already disadvantaged players at an even greater disadvantage. Also by increasing the starting wage we can promote further stimulation to the Village Craft economy which will be a net benefit! /s
good idea

i don't think vc has gone to shit because it's unprofessional; in fact, that's why it is still good

Offline Yvette

• Staff Member
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 7
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 December 2018, 06:38:18 PM »
I support this.
VC always has been like this. It has ebbs and flows, just like my menstrual periods

<[VIP] ~VieuxRiche> get with your reading skills and dont piss off powerful elite

How the fuck is @Jakrelia staff, shes probably r/againsthatesubreddits or some gay shit. 0/10 review on yelp.

Offline Shensley

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 2
  • U Can't Touch This
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 December 2018, 02:28:13 PM »
yes good idea

Quote from: PengBunny
link=topic=212.msg32741#msg32741 date=1421280717
they dont let fags become admin

Offline Gamalin

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 December 2018, 06:21:47 AM »
Definitely agreed! $200 wont even buy you a decent pickaxe  ;)

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 December 2018, 07:51:41 PM »
We can't have high starting wages. Corporations will leave the planet for cheaper wage planets. Think of the businesses that will be harmed by this change! We need to keep the working public poor so they can't afford basic things like pickaxes or healthcare potions, so that they have something to strive for! Business business business!

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Lividup64

« Reply #6 on: 27 December 2018, 04:37:34 PM »
We can't have high starting wages. Corporations will leave the planet for cheaper wage planets. Think of the businesses that will be harmed by this change! We need to keep the working public poor so they can't afford basic things like pickaxes or healthcare potions, so that they have something to strive for! Business business business!

what a very good point ako is making

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 December 2018, 02:31:36 PM »
we should however, make VC easier to start up on, as i've noticed a lot of new players simply don't have the brains to start lol.

i don't think vc has gone to shit because it's unprofessional; in fact, that's why it is still good

Offline Yvette

• Staff Member
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 1 January 2019, 01:08:07 PM »
we should however, make VC easier to start up on, as i've noticed a lot of new players simply don't have the brains to start lol.
Kind of agree. It takes so many hours of grinding until you finally catch on to how you play on this server.
VC always has been like this. It has ebbs and flows, just like my menstrual periods

<[VIP] ~VieuxRiche> get with your reading skills and dont piss off powerful elite

How the fuck is @Jakrelia staff, shes probably r/againsthatesubreddits or some gay shit. 0/10 review on yelp.

Offline gerrit70

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 9
  • U all succ
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 5 January 2019, 10:25:50 PM »
Kind of agree. It takes so many hours of grinding until you finally catch on to how you play on this server.

You dont have to grind, its the same as any other survival server walk out into the woods and break shit. You only have to grind if you want be virtually rich and spend hours at pump farms.
Guh

I'm a huge faggot and I love sucking airs cock.

It is abysmal that any one person would take try to limit the happiness that Gerrit70 has brought to this dull place.

Free Gerrit70 from his chains!

holy fuck gerrit you're autistic.

Offline Theologist_Green

• Cheese
  • Llamas: -1
  • Resident Fictional and Fantasy Theologian
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 10 January 2019, 10:53:36 AM »
More often then not if your action in chat for a good few hours and you say your poor somebody will just give you some god tier shit then they end up leaving becasue they dont even play on a server. I have invited like 2-3 friends to he server to show them the world and how old it is and some old player ends up giving them a full god tier or at least diamond gear but then only end up playing a few hours then leaving.

Though I do support the idea of higher starting money, Though I dont really play on the server anymore.
Coup d'etating my dad one treaty at a time.

Offline MadonnaHungUp

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • New Villager
  • Llamas: 0
  • electrical engineering student @ UIUC
    • View profile
    • MADAME X PREORDER ———
« Reply #11 on: 24 May 2019, 01:33:02 AM »
yall destroyed your own economy and allowed pumpkins to stay at an inelastic price JDJDJDJJJ thats just sad
I lost my signature cause im a bit of a cunt

Offline Theologist_Green

• Cheese
  • Llamas: -1
  • Resident Fictional and Fantasy Theologian
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 May 2019, 05:05:50 PM »
We voting on this soon?
Coup d'etating my dad one treaty at a time.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 10 June 2019, 11:05:14 AM »
$1000 to start sounds fine by me

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 10 June 2019, 02:03:36 PM »
$1000 to start sounds fine by me
yea i think 1000 is fair too

Offline Yvette

• Staff Member
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 23 June 2019, 06:01:09 PM »
@luisc99 @OctoGamer Could we get a vote set up on this soon?

Offline luisc99

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 25 June 2019, 03:24:41 PM »

Do we need a vote on it? From what I can see it seems pretty unanimous in favour of it

I can set up a vote though no problem :)

Offline Yvette

• Staff Member
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 June 2019, 06:23:54 PM »

Do we need a vote on it? From what I can see it seems pretty unanimous in favour of it

I can set up a vote though no problem :)
I thought there had to be a vote in order for it to actually take effect. if it seems unanimous and thats good enough thats fine too!

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 25 June 2019, 07:17:26 PM »
lets do a vote for fun lol I like them

Offline Yvette

• Staff Member
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #19 on: 25 June 2019, 11:50:58 PM »
@OctoGamer @luisc99 @Akomine The thread is made if one of yall would add the poll, or add me to the permissions group to make polls in this forum

Offline luisc99

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
« Reply #20 on: 26 June 2019, 07:53:33 AM »
@OctoGamer @luisc99 @Akomine The thread is made if one of yall would add the poll, or add me to the permissions group to make polls in this forum

Done. Everyone go vote!