Author Topic: Could I get my village back?  (Read 5874 times)

Offline CyphurTheFox (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
  • Llamas: 2
    • View profile
Could I get my village back?
« on: 20 April 2020, 05:57:41 PM »
Accused player(s): OctoGamer
Accused of: Unexplained Transfer of Village Ownership
Player(s) effected: CyphurTheFox
Time occurred: Unknown
Co-ordinates:800, <y?>, 9650

Brief summary of what happened:
Recently I noticed a change in ownership on a region I owned, Specifically the village known as "Mountain Dwelling" For some unexplained reason, I was removed from the owner list and replaced by OctoGamer. Could the owner list on this village be reinstated?

Lol next time don't go places you shouldn't be.
BULLSHIEET, KEEP BEING ADVENTUROUS PAL. I COMMEND THIS MAN

Offline OctoGamer

• Staff Member | Forum Mod
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 22
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
Re: Could I get my village back?
« Reply #1 on: 20 April 2020, 06:23:04 PM »
yea. the place scott had been duping I confiscated under staff name because that's what I was told to do. unsure as to what to do with it, most staff members were in agreement to seize it. we asked you if you knew about scott duping their a few times and you ignored it.

i don't think vc has gone to shit because it's unprofessional; in fact, that's why it is still good

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 April 2020, 06:46:04 PM »
yea. the place scott had been duping I confiscated under staff name because that's what I was told to do. unsure as to what to do with it, most staff members were in agreement to seize it. we asked you if you knew about scott duping their a few times and you ignored it.

I remember stating when you showed me the dupe setup that while I had been aware of the specific dupe glitch long prior to this incident, I was not aware that scott was using it to dupe.

Offline Shensley

• Cheese
  • U Can't Touch This
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 April 2020, 06:53:46 PM »
Judging by logs he was duping for at least a year before we found out. This makes it almost impossible to tell what is legit and what isn't. I stand by seizing the region.

Also its a giant farm which will be banned if the new rule passes so you really have no use for it.
« Last Edit: 20 April 2020, 06:57:42 PM by Shensley »

Quote from: PengBunny
link=topic=212.msg32741#msg32741 date=1421280717
they dont let fags become admin

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 April 2020, 06:58:09 PM »
Judging by logs he was duping for at least a year before we found out. This makes it almost impossible to tell what is legit and what isn't. I stand by seizing the region.

I'm confused what the seizure is supposed to accomplish, I thought it was quite evident that the spoils were kept in a vault in another location.

Offline Shensley

• Cheese
  • U Can't Touch This
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 April 2020, 07:04:06 PM »

Not sure where you got that from but we can always go through and check the region if we give it back.

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 April 2020, 07:05:38 PM »
I find it hard to believe that you were "unaware" of scotts duping, yet knew where his duped valuables were because of logs? Can I get an answer for this. Cyphur.

Answer me this one too, why didn't you message me about this?
« Last Edit: 20 April 2020, 07:10:04 PM by OctoGamer »

i don't think vc has gone to shit because it's unprofessional; in fact, that's why it is still good

Offline TheLegend12369

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 7
  • I'm not very creative, it is what it is.
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 April 2020, 07:11:20 PM »
Mountain Dwelling wasn't even made by scott, simply bought, and from what I know, one of Cyphur's only involvements with it was fixing an outdated storage system. If he wasn't going out of his way to look for a duping machine, he wouldn't have found it. In addition, he told luis about the glitch a long time ago, if he knew scott was doing it why would he make it easier for luis to catch them? I'm completely convinced Cyphur wasn't involved. What staff did you talk to when you made the decision to cease it, and why didn't you at least make cyphur aware that you were doing it? I don't think cyphur deserves to have his region forcibly stripped from him, and I certainly don't think you deserve to be the owner of a region you complain isn't yours almost every time it's mentioned.

Offline luisc99

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 April 2020, 07:13:42 PM »
What staff did you talk to when you made the decision to cease it, and why didn't you at least make cyphur aware that you were doing it?
I wasn't going to get involved in this, but you name dropped me so I'm going to. I'm pretty sure we were all in a group call when this happened, involving everyone in this thread, among others

Offline TheLegend12369

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 April 2020, 07:16:26 PM »
What staff did you talk to when you made the decision to cease it, and why didn't you at least make cyphur aware that you were doing it?
I wasn't going to get involved in this, but you name dropped me so I'm going to. I'm pretty sure we were all in a group call when this happened, involving everyone in this thread, among others
We never talked about ceasing it from Cyphur though

Offline Shensley

• Cheese
  • U Can't Touch This
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 April 2020, 07:17:44 PM »

I think we figured he would have connected the dots since he was also apart of the village.

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 April 2020, 07:24:37 PM »

I think we figured he would have connected the dots since he was also apart of the village.
one of the only 2 other people apart of the town.. other than scott and the original owner. (whom was ALSO removed)

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 April 2020, 07:30:25 PM »
I find it hard to believe that you were "unaware" of scotts duping, yet knew where his duped valuables were because of logs? Can I get an answer for this. Cyphur.

Answer me this one too, why didn't you message me about this?

I think it is very very common knowledge that I am something of a redstone consultant on the server. People ask me fairly often about various redstone contraptions. The reason I recognized Scott's vault where the valuables were kept is because the door into is one of my own construction. Scott asked me for a hidden door for his vault, hence i constructed a 2x2 flush with wall door with floorboard torchkey trigger. That is how I knew where his valubles were, I did not know, however, that they were duped.

Offline TheLegend12369

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 April 2020, 07:34:36 PM »
Also, this farm was already under "staff name" if that was the problem, as Cyphur is staff. You didn't take the other region where there was evidence of duping, where the valuables were actually stored, just Mountain Dwelling

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 April 2020, 07:40:25 PM »
Also, this farm was already under "staff name" if that was the problem, as Cyphur is staff. You didn't take the other region where there was evidence of duping, where the valuables were actually stored, just Mountain Dwelling
like, the day cyphur was modded this happened. Sorry I put it in an Admin's name.  Sorry I forgot he was staff at the time. And Yes, I did check again /region info scottvault. Don't accuse me bud.

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 20 April 2020, 07:41:38 PM »
Mountain Dwelling wasn't even made by scott, simply bought, and from what I know, one of Cyphur's only involvements with it was fixing an outdated storage system.
To be specific, I fixed the storage system, as well as the storage's of numerous other farms in the complex, as well as helped in funding the purchase. I also provided analytics on the farm during the purchase to determine a fair price for the farm.

If he wasn't going out of his way to look for a duping machine, he wouldn't have found it. In addition, he told luis about the glitch a long time ago, if he knew scott was doing it why would he make it easier for luis to catch them?

I actually have a copy of the region, and surrounding area, from when it was first purchased. This copy was used to gather analytics on farm production to calculate value, as well as design the new storage system. Upon inspection, the dupe setup is evidently a recent addition, as it was not there.

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 20 April 2020, 07:42:39 PM »
Mountain Dwelling wasn't even made by scott, simply bought, and from what I know, one of Cyphur's only involvements with it was fixing an outdated storage system.
To be specific, I fixed the storage system, as well as the storage's of numerous other farms in the complex, as well as helped in funding the purchase. I also provided analytics on the farm during the purchase to determine a fair price for the farm.

If he wasn't going out of his way to look for a duping machine, he wouldn't have found it. In addition, he told luis about the glitch a long time ago, if he knew scott was doing it why would he make it easier for luis to catch them?

I actually have a copy of the region, and surrounding area, from when it was first purchased. This copy was used to gather analytics on farm production to calculate value, as well as design the new storage system. Upon inspection, the dupe setup is evidently a recent addition, as it was not there.
Excuse me? you have a *COPY* ??? what?
« Last Edit: 20 April 2020, 07:44:55 PM by OctoGamer »

Offline TheLegend12369

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 20 April 2020, 07:46:11 PM »
like, the day cyphur was modded this happened. Sorry I put it in an Admin's name.  Sorry I forgot he was staff at the time. And Yes, I did check again /region info scottvault. Don't accuse me bud.
Wasn't accusing you, i checked the ownership of Fortscott (the pubic farm where we first found evidence) the other day and it said scott still owned it and you hadn't seized it, i just forgot that the vault and farm were separate regions. They're right next to each other.

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 20 April 2020, 07:48:27 PM »

Yes. I have a mod that allows me to download sections of a world into a singleplayer file. People have asked me numerous times to save parts of the world that they might want to keep for memories. I have a zip of mountaindwelling (https://send.firefox.com/download/88533db66adefb0a/#LLYniUDovWMCksbnN9qAfQ) from 1.12, before the purchase.

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #19 on: 20 April 2020, 07:48:45 PM »
Wasn't accusing you, i checked the ownership of Fortscott (the pubic farm where we first found evidence) the other day and it said scott still owned it and you hadn't seized it, i just forgot that the vault and farm were separate regions. They're right next to each other.
You were accusing me. "You didn't take the other region where there was evidence of duping, where the valuables were actually stored, just Mountain Dwelling." Is that not accusing?

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #20 on: 20 April 2020, 07:49:22 PM »

Yes. I have a mod that allows me to download sections of a world into a singleplayer file. People have asked me numerous times to save parts of the world that they might want to keep for memories. I have a zip of mountaindwelling (https://send.firefox.com/download/88533db66adefb0a/#LLYniUDovWMCksbnN9qAfQ) from 1.12, before the purchase.
Okay, thought you meant it was on the server.

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #21 on: 20 April 2020, 07:50:37 PM »
I'm done arguing with you by the way, you still haven't answered why this couldn't be done in message. you can come take your village back. and  you can come continue do as you'd please, as you seem to do as of recently.

Offline gerrit70

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 9
  • U all succ
    • View profile
« Reply #22 on: 20 April 2020, 10:06:41 PM »
I'm done arguing with you by the way, you still haven't answered why this couldn't be done in message. you can come take your village back. and  you can come continue do as you'd please, as you seem to do as of recently.

I agree, I dont see why a thread was necessary for this.
Guh

I'm a huge faggot and I love sucking airs cock.

It is abysmal that any one person would take try to limit the happiness that Gerrit70 has brought to this dull place.

Free Gerrit70 from his chains!

holy fuck gerrit you're autistic.

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #23 on: 21 April 2020, 11:11:45 AM »
Cyphur got his town back it appears. I'll be going through mountaindwelling tonight to remove anything of scotts :)

Offline Shensley

• Cheese
  • U Can't Touch This
    • View profile
« Reply #24 on: 21 April 2020, 03:44:01 PM »
Sounds like this has been resolved.

Topic Locked

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #25 on: 24 April 2020, 09:39:10 AM »

Topic Locked
This, has not been resolved, not until Cyphur tells me why he reported me.

@CyphurTheFox speak up, bud.

Offline Yvette

• Staff Member
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #26 on: 24 April 2020, 01:14:31 PM »

Topic Locked
This, has not been resolved, not until Cyphur tells me why he reported me.

@CyphurTheFox speak up, bud.
Lmao he apologised already dude, drop it.
VC always has been like this. It has ebbs and flows, just like my menstrual periods

<[VIP] ~VieuxRiche> get with your reading skills and dont piss off powerful elite

How the fuck is @Jakrelia staff, shes probably r/againsthatesubreddits or some gay shit. 0/10 review on yelp.

Offline Shensley

• Cheese
  • U Can't Touch This
    • View profile
« Reply #27 on: 24 April 2020, 01:17:05 PM »
He got his village back did he not? That can be something you discuss outside of the forums I don't really think it needs to be handled here though.

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #28 on: 24 April 2020, 02:50:54 PM »
Cyphur, and anyone else, has every right to use this public board for a grievance.

It does not need to be taken personally. It does not need to be taken as an attack.

This board is here to solve problems and it doesn't mean someone was guilty of doing something wrong. Keep a cool head and deal with any post here rationally, and we'll all get thru it.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air