Author Topic: Staff Abuse / Grief  (Read 6980 times)

Offline Squaticorn (OP)

• Brand New Poster
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
Staff Abuse / Grief
« on: 25 June 2020, 03:11:15 PM »
Accused player(s): CyphurTheFox, TastePasteHaste
Accused of: abuse of power / grief
Player(s) effected: Squaticorn
Time occurred: N/A
Co-ordinates: 6440 / 68 / 9927

After I announced in the Discord that I’d be offline for about a month due to PC repairs, Paste and Cyphur “declared war” on my village, and I knew nothing of it. Cyphur removed my $100,000 mob protection. Someone decided to open EVERY door, even in my building almost entirely made of trap doors. I had a pen of about 15 horses, some had diamond armor and most had saddles, Paste and Cyphur let the horses out & stole the armor & saddles. If that’s not grief I don’t know what is. They’ve also tried to log into my account for god knows what, I assume they were gonna give themselves owner perms and loot from my account or something. Paste stole EVERYTHING from my village chests for himself. I’ve logged all the chests and ALMOST EVERYTHING I saved up over the years is gone. All the screenshots are attached. Along with all of this, there were blocks randomly destroyed and placed all around my village, but that’s not as big a deal as everything else. This is unacceptable behavior, especially coming from a staff member.

The forums won't let me attach any of my screenshots, so any staff members that require extra information can request it on discord & I'll send you everything I've got.

Offline Squaticorn (OP)

• Brand New Poster
    • View profile
Re: Staff Abuse / Grief
« Reply #1 on: 25 June 2020, 03:13:40 PM »
Not sure why every apostrophe was replaced by a question mark but my PC is ass so I'll copy it here correctly.

After I announced in the Discord that I’d be offline for about a month due to PC repairs, Paste and Cyphur “declared war” on my village, and I knew nothing of it. Cyphur removed my $100,000 mob protection. Someone decided to open EVERY door, even in my building almost entirely made of trap doors. I had a pen of about 15 horses, some had diamond armor and most had saddles, Paste and Cyphur let the horses out & stole the armor & saddles. If that’s not grief I don’t know what is. They’ve also tried to log into my account for god knows what, I assume they were gonna give themselves owner perms and loot from my account or something. Paste stole EVERYTHING from my village chests for himself. I’ve logged all the chests and ALMOST EVERYTHING I saved up over the years is gone. All the screenshots are attached. Along with all of this, there were blocks randomly destroyed and placed all around my village, but that’s not as big a deal as everything else. This is unacceptable behavior, especially coming from a staff member.

Offline CyphurTheFox

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
  • Llamas: 2
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 June 2020, 03:33:53 PM »
To respond to the claims regarding me:

Cyphur removed my $100,000 mob protection.

I am a moderator. I literally cannot do this.

I had a pen of about 15 horses, some had diamond armor and most had saddles, Paste and Cyphur let the horses out & stole the armor & saddles.

I did NOT touch your horses. You might be thinking of someone else.

They’ve also tried to log into my account for god knows what, I assume they were gonna give themselves owner perms and loot from my account or something.

Do you have any proof of this? At all?

Lol next time don't go places you shouldn't be.
BULLSHIEET, KEEP BEING ADVENTUROUS PAL. I COMMEND THIS MAN

Offline Paste

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
  • Llamas: 4
  • Rabbits are just better.
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 June 2020, 04:51:53 PM »
Not a single chest in the village was locked, nor any rules set in place villagewide about taking things from village chests. I was a member of the village, as was Fox.
Not a single horse was killed. They were set in a pen in the middle of the village, fully accessible to all members, with no signs or rules posted about how the horses were to be taken care of. The horses were also left in the village square, not stolen.
Nobody was trapped, killed, or anything of that sort.
The idea of the mob protection being removed is purely fictional.
Only Shulker boxes (Brought by Fox, removed by Me), a damaged anvil, and a lone Boner Creek flag (from my old shop, added without my permission, removed by Me) were placed/removed. No doors or trapdoors were broken or relocated.
I also have no idea where the accusation of attempting to log into Squaticorn's account came from. I quite earnestly don't even know of a way that would be possible.
I'm sorry to say I'm probably one of the more normal ones. Have fun.

"If you compare yourself to Ten, you will always be sad. If you compare yourself to Tina, you will always be happy. Life is all about perspective."

Offline luisc99

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 June 2020, 05:07:01 PM »
The forums won't let me attach any of my screenshots, so any staff members that require extra information can request it on discord & I'll send you everything I've got.

Things can't be uploaded to the forums, which is an intended security feature. You can attach screenshots though from other sites. There's an (admittedly very old) tutorial in the board guidance, and I know Imgur has BBCode links too for images uploaded there.

Offline Squaticorn (OP)

• Brand New Poster
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 June 2020, 06:40:07 PM »
Not a single chest in the village was locked, nor any rules set in place villagewide about taking things from village chests. I was a member of the village, as was Fox.
Not a single horse was killed. They were set in a pen in the middle of the village, fully accessible to all members, with no signs or rules posted about how the horses were to be taken care of. The horses were also left in the village square, not stolen.
Nobody was trapped, killed, or anything of that sort.
The idea of the mob protection being removed is purely fictional.
Only Shulker boxes (Brought by Fox, removed by Me), a damaged anvil, and a lone Boner Creek flag (from my old shop, added without my permission, removed by Me) were placed/removed. No doors or trapdoors were broken or relocated.
I also have no idea where the accusation of attempting to log into Squaticorn's account came from. I quite earnestly don't even know of a way that would be possible.

Paste, there WERE rules set in place for the village. Those chests were STRICTLY for UPGRADING the village and that was made clear MULTIPLE times in-game WHILE YOU WERE PRESENT. You asked to be a member of the village so you could set up a shop, which you did, however you did NOT get permission to take everything from my chests or STEAL all of my horse armor & saddles. If mobs are making it into my village, which they are, it’s a staff problem. But there’s no excuse for you to be pulling this other shit my guy. I have logs of you stealing nearly EVERYTHING from the village chests and you admitting to letting my horses out and stealing their armor. RULES WERE SET IN PLACE. Everyone obeyed the rules except you. If you missed my announcements because you “ignored” me, it’s entirely your fault and you need to take responsibility. Don’t be a child.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 June 2020, 09:39:29 PM »
I just want to link to the Basic Rules for Villages on VC, as I think it may be relevant to this case.

Link: http://www.villagecraft-server.com/forum/index.php?topic=3435.0

Relevant section:
---
VILLAGE RULES
1. These are up to the owner(s) to determine, must be available for all members to read, and anyone in the village must be given the opportunity to read them when they join or when the rules are changed.
2. Villages are still under VillageCraft's rules: http://www.villagecraft-server.com/forum/index.php?topic=3898.0
---

Are the rules written down and available for members to read? Or were they just mentioned in chat?

I've also informed Squaticorn on discord about images on the forums like Luis has already said.
@Squaticorn the simplest solution I use is to upload the screenshots to Imgur.com and link them in this thread.
« Last Edit: 25 June 2020, 09:42:45 PM by Akomine »

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Shensley

• Staff Member | Forum Mod
  • Cheese
  • U Can't Touch This
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 June 2020, 10:50:46 PM »
After taking look at the village this is what I have discovered. The horses were not let out by Cyphur or Taste, rather someone named JoMalachi who has been inactive for 2 months. Your village still has mob protection and Cyphur cannot even take it away if he wanted to. I think saying they tried to log into your account is a pretty far fetched claim unless you can provide some type of proof. I also didn't see any randomly missing blocks in your village. I don't see any signs stating any village rules or anything of that sort so if you went inactive I would say everything was fair game.

Unless you can provide logs or screenshots proving they did any of the things you claimed I think this report is just a bunch of false accusations.

Quote from: PengBunny
link=topic=212.msg32741#msg32741 date=1421280717
they dont let fags become admin

Offline Shensley

• Cheese
  • U Can't Touch This
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 June 2020, 12:15:59 AM »
Ill give this post another 24 hours before I lock it in case anyone wants to post proof or anymore information regarding the report.

Thread Locked
« Last Edit: 28 June 2020, 11:47:39 PM by Shensley »

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 June 2020, 10:36:27 PM »
Squaticorn tells me he was on fam vacation and couldn't reply, so the thread is reopened so he can reply.

Offline Squaticorn (OP)

• Brand New Poster
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 1 July 2020, 12:08:59 AM »
Thanks Ako for opening this back up, sorry guys I was on vacation

Here are some the screenshots I have:
https://imgur.com/gallery/fKqNF8e

Offline Squaticorn (OP)

• Brand New Poster
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 1 July 2020, 12:13:12 AM »
So I made it VERY clear in-game that the chests were my personal chests, but I’m leaving them unlocked for the village members in case anyone needs building materials or anything for our town. (I don’t have screenshots but other members of my village can definitely vouch for me and support my claim)

& I’m not trying to be a bitch and accuse people of things they didn’t do, I’m just giving you guys all the evidence I’ve got. Anyone could’ve tried to log into my account & change my password, it was just a little strange that it lined up perfectly with Paste screwing w/ my village. Thanks for the help staff

Offline CyphurTheFox

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 1 July 2020, 01:36:27 AM »

These kind of emails can get sent out for a variety of reasons. However, it should go without saying that if you haven't already taken up Mojang on the suggestion to change your password, I would strongly recommend doing so. It is possible your email (and possibly a version of your password) was leaked in a data breach, and a person with malicious intent took a list of emails/passwords from a data breach and crosschecked them against Minecraft. 

In any case, I would take your email and enter it into this website: https://haveibeenpwned.com/. It checks emails against an extensive database to see if its been found in a data breach. If it is found I would strongly recommend changing passwords on most of your accounts, especially if you use the same/similar password(s) across multiple accounts. This advice really goes for anyone reading this thread. Stay safe on the internet everybody!

Offline Shensley

• Cheese
  • U Can't Touch This
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 2 July 2020, 03:09:05 PM »
So I made it VERY clear in-game that the chests were my personal chests, but I’m leaving them unlocked for the village members in case anyone needs building materials or anything for our town. (I don’t have screenshots but other members of my village can definitely vouch for me and support my claim)

If your account went inactive this doesn't matter. Even chests with locks on them can be removed once you become inactive.

As for the horses i'm a bit confused since I found logs of someone breaking the fences down.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 2 July 2020, 04:53:42 PM »
Squaticorn, were you inactive while this stuff happened? Inactivity is if you're gone for 2 months or more.

Also village rules need to be written down and accessible, not just said in chat randomly. Which is the case for your town?

If you're back from inactivity and need new horses and some things, I'm sure there are people who can help you out.

Offline Daypath

• Senator
  • Cheese
  • driftwood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 2 July 2020, 06:12:46 PM »
squat wasn’t inactive for two months when this happened.
"I believe in pink capitalism. I only say that because its pink and pink is great" -Bahamut

"My daughter's a dyke but she can speedbridge" -Tina

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 22
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 2 July 2020, 08:27:18 PM »
squat wasn’t inactive for two months when this happened.
if squat has proof of this it'll help make this case easier... otherwise it's hard to prove if he wasn't - and too add, I can't think of any staff member who would have broken his stuff open illegally like that. the rule about chests in his village is pretty lame too. sounds made up on the spot to  me. "I made it VERY clear in-game that the chests were my personal chests, but I?m leaving them unlocked for the village members in case anyone needs building materials or anything for our town." This rule seems very counter intuitive. Only village members would be able to
"steal" otherwise so I don't see the issue here.  Looking through Cole's screenies, I don't see anything wrong. except the horse thing was kinda a dick move. not illegal but also lame. if he didn't go inactive, then yes, there is an issue with what happened. but if he was inactive then nothing wrong took place. Can't ever recall a case where someone was inactive but claimed to not be, so i'm interested to read more.

i don't think vc has gone to shit because it's unprofessional; in fact, that's why it is still good

Offline Squaticorn (OP)

• Brand New Poster
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 4 July 2020, 03:03:33 AM »
I don’t know who started this 2 month rumor I was offline for less than a month, I laid out the rules before I went offline cause I was getting my PC repaired.

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 4 July 2020, 07:50:31 AM »
I don’t know who started this 2 month rumor I was offline for less than a month, I laid out the rules before I went offline cause I was getting my PC repaired.
I actually looked into this a bit, you were never inactive since March of 2020

i don't think vc has gone to shit because it's unprofessional; in fact, that's why it is still good

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 July 2020, 02:20:35 AM »
So, Squat wasn't inactive, and this report is sitting for too long I think because it's a bit unusual and has several things going on, including some targeted accusations. I'm going to break it down.

Cyphur removed my $100,000 mob protection.
This seems to be false. Also Cyphur did not have the ability to do this. Why did you make this claim and this accusation?
Shen has confirmed that mob protection is currently active in your village.

Someone decided to open EVERY door, even in my building almost entirely made of trap doors.
I'm assuming they weren't locked doors; we can't do anything about this. It also doesn't seem like a big deal, right?

I had a pen of about 15 horses, some had diamond armor and most had saddles, Paste and Cyphur let the horses out & stole the armor & saddles. If that’s not grief I don’t know what is.
This may be theft (not grief - check VC Rule #9). As far as I can tell, this is the only part of the report worth looking further into.
These need to be answered:
1. Were the horses in a public pen? (Paste claims yes)
2. Was it a private, locked pen? If so, were the horses broken out, bypassing the lock? (Paste claims no. Shen says it looks like "JoMalachi" may have let them out)
3. Was it clear who the owner was or at least was it clear not to mess with the horses?
4. Are the horses still alive? If so, where are they? If they were killed, who killed them?
5. Was horse armour taken? If so, who took it?
6. Do you want to keep pursuing this grievance - specifically with relation to these horses and their armours?

They’ve also tried to log into my account for god knows what, I assume they were gonna give themselves owner perms and loot from my account or something.
Prove it. How do you know who attempted this?

Paste stole EVERYTHING from my village chests for himself. I’ve logged all the chests and ALMOST EVERYTHING I saved up over the years is gone. All the screenshots are attached. Along with all of this, there were blocks randomly destroyed and placed all around my village, but that’s not as big a deal as everything else. This is unacceptable behavior, especially coming from a staff member.
Were these unlocked chests? They must have been, right? We can't consider this theft. Lock your chests!
Or, if there were village rules about these chests that were broken, show us the publicly viewable village rules. They must be publicly viewable and accessible by village members to be considered. Otherwise, you may need to ask nicely to recover some of these items.

As for random block grief, Shen says he couldn't find any, and you haven't posted evidence of any, so we're not going to pursue this further unless you feel we got something wrong or missed something and want us to.
« Last Edit: 10 July 2020, 02:23:21 AM by Akomine »

Offline CyphurTheFox

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #20 on: 10 July 2020, 03:00:58 AM »
4. Are the horses still alive? If so, where are they? If they were killed, who killed them?

Logblock logs this stuff, accessible through the /lb lookup command.

Using the command /lb lookup area 1000 kills entity horse since 360d
I can look up horse kills within a 2000 block sided cube centered on me, in the past 360 days.

These are the results (click to expand):

Thus, presumably they are still wandering around outside the village.

In fact, I found 6 already tamed horses, one of which was named, in the field behind the trapdoor-walled house. I saddled them up, collected them, and moved them to the pen in the top of the above screenshot.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #21 on: 10 July 2020, 12:36:40 PM »
Well done, thanks Cyphur.

We'll await Squat's reply.

Offline Squaticorn (OP)

• Brand New Poster
    • View profile
« Reply #22 on: 10 July 2020, 09:10:02 PM »
Thanks everyone for helping so far,

In regards to the mob protection thing, when I logged on I got ambushed by pillagers in the middle of the village, I assumed cyphur took off mob protection cause cyphur’s name came up when I was logging around.

The doors thing was just paste being a cock
I was temporarily holding all the horses in one pen, I was planning on building a new one. So none of the horses were killed but Paste admitted to letting them out and taking their armor.
JoMalachi is one of the owners of the village & he’s inactive now.

In regards to the chests, I know I can’t get everything back that Paste took cause I didn’t put the rules in place the right way & I didn’t lock the chests, but understand that not a single thing taken was used to improve the village, it was a full on raid by a village member for his own benefit.

Offline CyphurTheFox

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #23 on: 10 July 2020, 09:30:24 PM »
In regards to the mob protection thing, when I logged on I got ambushed by pillagers in the middle of the village, I assumed cyphur took off mob protection cause cyphur’s name came up when I was logging around.

Sounds like a classic case of outdated mob prot. Connected into the server and updated the mob prot for ya. shouldn't have that problem again. 

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #24 on: 10 July 2020, 09:58:15 PM »

Idk if any rules were broken but this Paste guy sounds like an absolute cunt. Just sayin'

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #25 on: 10 July 2020, 11:28:43 PM »
@Paste did you or did you not let the horses out and take the horse armour?

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #26 on: 11 July 2020, 07:11:53 AM »

Idk if any rules were broken but this Paste guy sounds like an absolute cunt. Just sayin'
I think paste broke our golden "guideline" and possibly theft like ako said

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #27 on: 11 July 2020, 02:32:11 PM »
Can someone tell paste to check this thread?

Offline Paste

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
  • Rabbits are just better.
    • View profile
« Reply #28 on: 12 July 2020, 12:54:33 PM »
Yes. Jumped the fence. Fox and I worked with the simple rule that if it wasn't explicitly stated by any village or server-wide rule, we could do it. Horses are still alive, and we did not take or kill a single one. Were in an unlabeled pen, no signs or other ways to tell who they belonged to or what rules were in place for them. The horse armor was taken and immediately given to other players.

I don't really care about the matter at this point. I can get more horse armor for him if he's really that concerned about it, but I still did it, and Squat still totally deserved it. I was so glad when Yvette kicked him out of Istrana so Fox and I could round up some folks and declare War (Me and a lot of other people have some serious beef against Squat), but it wasn't worth it anyway. Nothing worth our time out there in the first place. Besides, he doesn't come on the server that much anymore anyway, and when we did raid, it wasn't too long after he left, and we didn't know about his computer issues. Either way, I don't wanna bother with it anymore. I can supply new horse armor if you really deem it necessary.
I'm sorry to say I'm probably one of the more normal ones. Have fun.

"If you compare yourself to Ten, you will always be sad. If you compare yourself to Tina, you will always be happy. Life is all about perspective."

Offline gerrit70

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 9
  • U all succ
    • View profile
« Reply #29 on: 12 July 2020, 01:10:12 PM »
Yes. Jumped the fence. Fox and I worked with the simple rule that if it wasn't explicitly stated by any village or server-wide rule, we could do it. Horses are still alive, and we did not take or kill a single one. Were in an unlabeled pen, no signs or other ways to tell who they belonged to or what rules were in place for them. The horse armor was taken and immediately given to other players.

I don't really care about the matter at this point. I can get more horse armor for him if he's really that concerned about it, but I still did it, and Squat still totally deserved it. I was so glad when Yvette kicked him out of Istrana so Fox and I could round up some folks and declare War (Me and a lot of other people have some serious beef against Squat), but it wasn't worth it anyway. Nothing worth our time out there in the first place. Besides, he doesn't come on the server that much anymore anyway, and when we did raid, it wasn't too long after he left, and we didn't know about his computer issues. Either way, I don't wanna bother with it anymore. I can supply new horse armor if you really deem it necessary.

Your attitude is a little disturbing, you do realize that you did do something wrong right? I would try being a bit more apologetic, it doesn't matter whether or not 'He deserved it' in your opinion or not.
Guh

I'm a huge faggot and I love sucking airs cock.

It is abysmal that any one person would take try to limit the happiness that Gerrit70 has brought to this dull place.

Free Gerrit70 from his chains!

holy fuck gerrit you're autistic.

Offline Shensley

• Cheese
  • U Can't Touch This
    • View profile
« Reply #30 on: 12 July 2020, 02:09:41 PM »
I don't really care about the matter at this point. I can get more horse armor for him if he's really that concerned about it, but I still did it, and Squat still totally deserved it. I was so glad when Yvette kicked him out of Istrana so Fox and I could round up some folks and declare War (Me and a lot of other people have some serious beef against Squat), but it wasn't worth it anyway.

You're not really in a good position to be making these statements. I suggest you cut the attitude.