Author Topic: Ban pardoned from my record please  (Read 3728 times)

Offline Brutalfive (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
Ban pardoned from my record please
« on: 28 July 2020, 09:30:25 PM »
Hey, so on the 17th of April 2020, I was unfairly banned, and I would like this ban to be removed from my record please.

So? What happened?:
This was the day that I saw both Ten and Blue join back to VC, it was the first time I had seen them in awhile and they were on a discord call. I, along side many others, joined them in this call. While in this call we were joking around and remembering old times, practically how I used to always private message ten (back when he was staff) saying 'hi' or 'hey' and trying to get his attention so he could help me with something. It was at this time I decided to jokingly private message ten multiple times saying 'hi'. Ten did not mind this, and we continued to joke and catch up as a group in the voice chat. I then, unexpectantly got kicked. There was no warning, and there was no kick message which explained as to why I was kicked. Due to this, I was unaware that some staff members were reading my private messages and were getting annoyed. Once I had joined back onto the server, I found out through the discord group call that it was Yvette who had kicked me, but I, at the time, wasn't aware it was because she could see my messages and was annoyed. So, still being in a joking, playful mood I continued to message ten again, this time messaging him multiple times saying 'hi Yvette'. Now, while I can see how this could be seen as me trying to be an ass, it was not my intention at the time, I was just joking around, meaning no harm. It was after sending that private message I was kicked again, but with no warning text explaining why. At this moment I wasn't sure if she was joking, and was still confused why I was being kicked, as I didn't break server rules and there was no warning. I then went onto Discord, as I had to restart Minecraft due to being kicked twice, and wrote in the server chat 'hi ten' multiple times', this I now recognise as spam. However, I was not once asked to stop, or told that this was spam. There was no kicking or private messages or public messages to ask me to stop, no warning was given. Suddenly I found myself banned from the Discord chat by Octo.

My case:
I believe my ban was unfair, this is because no warning was given, and I only spammed on one occasion as the private messages to ten were not public nor was I warned to stop on Minecraft or Discord. Those who know me, are very well aware that I am not one to purposely break server rules, and due to not being warned, my ban is unfair and should be pardoned.
Also when this happened I did message a staff member on discord about the ban, as I thought it would be an easy fix, but as nothing has been done I have decided to address the issue on here.

Thank you.

Offline Shensley

• Staff Member | Forum Mod
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 2
  • U Can't Touch This
    • View profile
Re: Ban pardoned from my record please
« Reply #1 on: 28 July 2020, 09:50:51 PM »
As someone who's played villagecraft for a quite a while you should know by now what is considered spam and not to do it. If it's the ban I'm thinking of you went on discord after being kicked several times for spamming and was seen as you trying to avoid in game punishment. You seem to tend to really like to push the limits on how much you can get away with without getting a long term punishment for your actions. I Think the discord tempban was a pretty small punishment for your spamming that day and don't see the reason to remove it. Also, why wait so long before bringing this up?

Quote from: PengBunny
link=topic=212.msg32741#msg32741 date=1421280717
they dont let fags become admin

Offline Naomi

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 28
  • Lighthouse Obsessed
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 July 2020, 11:16:30 PM »
I was on when that happened and I remember saying to you all that it was uncalled for because Brutal didn't get a warning. After the fact the way Brutal was talked to by Octo and Shen were rude.

Brutal asked why he was banned and Octo replied
""cus ur bein a cock bro"

And shen said "[SM][OVO] ~24kGoldn » Hope you didn't wanna be staff anytime soon"

both things examples of things said being completely out of line. Like is words in private messages really spam? And instead of being banned he should have been told to stop. This was all going on when the farm issue was a hot topic and I think some tempers were being running hot. I think Brutal wanting it wiped from his record is completely fair because that Ban was BS
There are a lot of attitudes going on around here, Don't let me get one.

reasons to vote naomi: second sexiest person on the ballot, slight southern drawl, has won woman of the year every year since 1899 (the mainstream media doesn't want you to know)

vote for naomi idiots

like if you need to me to write out a fully fledged post to persuade you i will, but i just prefer we avoid all that effort and you vote for naomi

Naomi is hot. Hot cm is nice. 8) 8)

Offline Brutalfive (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 July 2020, 11:19:31 PM »
As someone who's played villagecraft for a quite a while you should know by now what is considered spam and not to do it. If it's the ban I'm thinking of you went on discord after being kicked several times for spamming and was seen as you trying to avoid in game punishment. You seem to tend to really like to push the limits on how much you can get away with without getting a long term punishment for your actions. I Think the discord tempban was a pretty small punishment for your spamming that day and don't see the reason to remove it. Also, why wait so long before bringing this up?

I understand what your saying, but I was not made aware, and I am still unsure, that private messages to someone was spam, harassment if they didn't want my messages sure, but ten didn't mind and I honestly thought spam was only for public chat.

I also don't know how I tend to push the limits, when I am unsure on a rule I ask staff (which I have done multiple times recently)

In addition, as stated before I'm only bringing this up now on Forums because i tried bringing it up with a staff member when it happened (thinking it was a quick fix) but as it was clearly ineffective I have come onto here.

Offline Shensley

• Cheese
  • U Can't Touch This
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 July 2020, 12:54:59 AM »
"Not Allowed:
- Flooding the chat, private messages, mail, IRC, or other communication methods."

Your warnings were the several times you were kicked from the server. I wasn't the one giving these punishments and yeah I agree verbal warnings would be a better approach but you knew what you were doing was considered spam and going into discord where everyone could see didn't make it any better. Going off what the rule states Octo was not in the wrong for enforcing what took place.

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 July 2020, 01:38:09 AM »
post the logs!

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 July 2020, 01:51:58 AM »
This is a bullshit ban. Clean this man's record!

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 22
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 July 2020, 08:47:28 AM »
you guys all take "having a record" on a minecraft server far to seriously... especially a server thats a closed in community like this lmao. I very much remember brutal being a cock that night like I said, on discord, and on the server.  i stand by what I did. Like shen said, Brutal knows the rules and has pushed his limits before. especially where you go into discord and flood peoples notifications on THAT server, AND on VC. immature and douchey brutal. and if ANYONE looks at the report in the registry, you'll clearly see Brutal was kicked twice before going onto discord to spam. 3 warnings.

i don't think vc has gone to shit because it's unprofessional; in fact, that's why it is still good

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 July 2020, 08:52:30 AM »

My case:
I believe my ban was unfair, this is because no warning was given, and I only spammed on one occasion as the private messages to ten were not public nor was I warned to stop on Minecraft or Discord. Those who know me, are very well aware that I am not one to purposely break server rules, and due to not being warned, my ban is unfair and should be pardoned.
Also when this happened I did message a staff member on discord about the ban, as I thought it would be an easy fix, but as nothing has been done I have decided to address the issue on here.

Thank you.
sorry, but getting kicked twice is 2 warnings in my eyes brutal.

i don't think vc has gone to shit because it's unprofessional; in fact, that's why it is still good

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 July 2020, 09:00:19 AM »

both things examples of things said being completely out of line. Like is words in private messages really spam? And instead of being banned he should have been told to stop. This was all going on when the farm issue was a hot topic and I think some tempers were being running hot. I think Brutal wanting it wiped from his record is completely fair because that Ban was BS
i stand by this DISCORD ban was fair. we have rules that need to be enforced, including spamming in private message, and brutal going onto the discord server to spam after being kicked twice (two warnings, as I see it) was a waste of his time and his own mistake, no other staff members on at the time seemed to have a problem, we were all annoyed seeing brutal spam messages.

Offline Naomi

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 28
  • Lighthouse Obsessed
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 29 July 2020, 10:28:26 AM »
2 warnings? In my experience on this server I've been kicked plenty of times as a joke and didn't think anything of it, I was in call with Brutal when it happened and there was no wording of why he was being kicked.

You call being kicked with no explanation a warning? In my experience the kicks without warnings have always been jokes and a kick saying "stop spamming" is a warning.

You also say Brutal was "being a cock" how? By spamming a friend? I get it was annoying but you all should know by now that you should have told him to knock it off verbally instead of just kicking. From my perspective from that night you all were being the dicks by being outwardly rude "for spamming" even if someone is spamming they don't deserve that. Taunting him about staff when you know Brutal works hard because he wants to be staff. You all can say "it's fair" but in my opinion it stopped being fair when he wasn't verbally warned.

You want to say Brutal is taking having a record too seriously, but you were taking someone spamming too seriously.
There are a lot of attitudes going on around here, Don't let me get one.

reasons to vote naomi: second sexiest person on the ballot, slight southern drawl, has won woman of the year every year since 1899 (the mainstream media doesn't want you to know)

vote for naomi idiots

like if you need to me to write out a fully fledged post to persuade you i will, but i just prefer we avoid all that effort and you vote for naomi

Naomi is hot. Hot cm is nice. 8) 8)

Offline Brutalfive (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 July 2020, 11:35:00 AM »
As requested by Ako here are the logs : https://pastebin.com/gAqKPM8S

Could someone please explain how I apparently continuously try to push the server rule limits, as it is just false, and I would like to be shown multiple examples of how I have previously tried to push the limits in regards to server rules.

In addition, I would like to remind everyone that this is not about who kicked or banned me, this is simply about the ban itself. My case is that I was not given a clear warning, and keeping in mind the context of that day, a day when everyone seemed to be having a laugh and joking around, the kick did not come across as a warning. Therefore I do believe the ban was unfair due to the lack of clarification made.

Offline Shensley

• Cheese
  • U Can't Touch This
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 29 July 2020, 03:14:42 PM »
By looking at the logs posted I see someone purposely spamming even though they know they were kicked for it. Personally I would have probably muted instead of banned but I'm not about to go back and clear your record because you feel it wasn't justified. If another staff member wants to feel free but I stand by what I said.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 29 July 2020, 06:34:54 PM »
I've moved this to ban/punishment appeals, as that's what it is.

The logs seem to show brutal private messaging friends with spam, though there is no known complaint from those people, and thus I find a kick kinda uncalled for. But whatever. A staff member may have just been trying to do a good thing, and may have mistaken them as public messages, or may have felt they were helping Ten. Whatever.

Brutal then publicly spams the discord a dozen or so times. This is the only time it seems it may be warranted to kick him, which I agree should come with a written reason/warning.

This incident seems incredibly minor and silly, especially since he was just messing around. Nothing was malicious that I can see. I find the ban excessive, personally.

Should this be brought up now? The answer doesn't matter. Everyone has a right to attempt be pardoned of an incident on their record. I think this particular example is a bit silly, it probably doesn't matter in the long run, but since Shen told Brutal this may harm him in future considerations it seems uniquely worthwhile to do this, so I'm okay with it being pardoned.

Furthermore, I disagree with the characterization that Brutal "tends to really like to push the limits on how much he can get away with" and "knows the rules and has pushed his limits before". I just don't know Brutal to be that kind of player. Is it really fair to say that about him?

TLDR - I'm fine with pardoning this charge on his record. It's a really minor incident in my eyes. Not a biggie either way.

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 29 July 2020, 08:48:51 PM »
2 warnings? In my experience on this server I've been kicked plenty of times as a joke and didn't think anything of it, I was in call with Brutal when it happened and there was no wording of why he was being kicked.

Lol. This. This is why I've always gotten annoyed at "play kicking" it leads to people not taking it seriously.

Offline MutluMali

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 16
  • We begin and we end, at night, in the woods.
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 31 July 2020, 03:11:48 AM »

Lol. This. This is why I've always gotten annoyed at "play kicking" it leads to people not taking it seriously.

Regardless of whether servers are the type to allow "play kicking" from staff, communication is important. Even if it never happened on VillageCraft, and staff were always 100% serious, a player being punished for a reason unknown to them is cause for complaint.

Members should not have to question whether they are being punished as a joke. As long as the attitude of "I don't need to communicate" stays the same, cracking down on making the server less silly and fun won't solve anything. Assuming that the members know why they are being banned is not the way to go. People always deserve an explanation. How else do you expect them to change?

Even in the scenario where Brutal lied about misinterpreting the intent or severity to get out of trouble, you would be able to defend yourself if you were clear from the get go about what the kick was for, which you were not. "Play kicking" is by no means the issue here.

"Life can definitely be that way sometimes. Such a shitty game but with amazing graphics." ~tenretni
"How am I supposed to work under these conditions when I'm not tenretni???" ~Namoi
“Finally this menace has been quelled” ~Akomine

ME (MALI) FOR STAFF!!!!!!!!!!!! #Mali4Admin #mali4godemperor

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 1 August 2020, 04:19:02 PM »

Regardless of whether servers are the type to allow "play kicking" from staff, communication is important. Even if it never happened on VillageCraft, and staff were always 100% serious, a player being punished for a reason unknown to them is cause for complaint.

Members should not have to question whether they are being punished as a joke. As long as the attitude of "I don't need to communicate" stays the same, cracking down on making the server less silly and fun won't solve anything. Assuming that the members know why they are being banned is not the way to go. People always deserve an explanation. How else do you expect them to change?

Even in the scenario where Brutal lied about misinterpreting the intent or severity to get out of trouble, you would be able to defend yourself if you were clear from the get go about what the kick was for, which you were not. "Play kicking" is by no means the issue here.
Members should not be punished as a joke in my opinion, but sorry my reason wasn't "good" What brutal had done seemed obvious enough that I didn't believe an explanation was really necessary as he was literally spamming messages and discord 30 seconds prior. Sorry, my bad. and I don't feel like I am having to defend myself against anything, or that I am. like was said, This was minor lol

Offline gerrit70

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 9
  • U all succ
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 20 August 2020, 11:49:28 PM »
So is this getting pardoned or?
Guh

I'm a huge faggot and I love sucking airs cock.

It is abysmal that any one person would take try to limit the happiness that Gerrit70 has brought to this dull place.

Free Gerrit70 from his chains!

holy fuck gerrit you're autistic.

Offline Brutalfive (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 3 September 2020, 08:45:32 PM »
Hey, so will my ban be pardoned?

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #19 on: 3 September 2020, 09:53:59 PM »
Verdict:
Appeal Won - Offense is PARDONED, the Staff registry will reflect this.