Author Topic: Suggestion for a pet plugin!  (Read 2451 times)

Offline RedFox_13 (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 2
    • View profile
Suggestion for a pet plugin!
« on: 14 August 2020, 11:37:13 AM »
https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/simplepets.14124/

I think it'd be kinda cool being able to summon companions that aren't the typical cat or dog. They can be ridden or used as hats. I dont believe they are hostile but idk if they can be killed. Could make it so people have to dono or buy certain pets idk.

Offline KingNurtul

• Staff Member
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 10
  • big old Nurtul Turtle
    • View profile
Re: Suggestion for a pet plugin!
« Reply #1 on: 14 August 2020, 03:14:50 PM »
I like the idea of pets as a cosmetic donation perk
My advice to everyone else on this server:
I encourage you all to make something of your lives. I implore you not to waste your "glory days" in front of a computer screen like I did. Go out into the world, but do not live like everyone else. Strive to stand above and bring the others up with your knowledge and hard work.-Kovos Datch

jokes are no longer allowed on Villagecraft.-Anonymous(Aug. 2020)

Offline CyphurTheFox

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 August 2020, 04:46:50 PM »

I like this too, We need to fill out the higher donation tiers with more than just "more homes and diff tag stuff"
Lol next time don't go places you shouldn't be.
BULLSHIEET, KEEP BEING ADVENTUROUS PAL. I COMMEND THIS MAN

Offline OctoGamer

• Staff Member | Forum Mod
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 22
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 August 2020, 05:40:20 PM »
I like the idea of the plugin, i personally think anyone should be able to have a pet should this be voted on.

i don't think vc has gone to shit because it's unprofessional; in fact, that's why it is still good

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 August 2020, 05:46:57 PM »
I like this.

Offline CyphurTheFox

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 August 2020, 06:16:25 PM »
I like the idea of the plugin, i personally think anyone should be able to have a pet should this be voted on.

As much as I hate the rest of their monetization model, it might be nice to take a leaf out of the mineplex book, and have "tiers" of pets.

e.g: Anyone can have some basic pets, like cats/dogs, and higher ranks can get different, cooler pets, like mini ender dragons or withers (if the plugin has them), or even some custom pets if the plugin supports them, and someone is willing to make them.
Lol next time don't go places you shouldn't be.
BULLSHIEET, KEEP BEING ADVENTUROUS PAL. I COMMEND THIS MAN

Offline Naomi

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 28
  • Lighthouse Obsessed
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 August 2020, 08:37:38 PM »
That was what I was thinking Cyphur have a basic list anyone can buy and then have higher mobs be something that higher level tiers of donors have the opportunity to purchase. That way anyone can have a pet, but donors can have higher level pets such as blazes and polar bears
There are a lot of attitudes going on around here, Don't let me get one.

reasons to vote naomi: second sexiest person on the ballot, slight southern drawl, has won woman of the year every year since 1899 (the mainstream media doesn't want you to know)

vote for naomi idiots

like if you need to me to write out a fully fledged post to persuade you i will, but i just prefer we avoid all that effort and you vote for naomi

Naomi is hot. Hot cm is nice. 8) 8)

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 August 2020, 09:45:10 PM »
This is a great suggestion, and I like the suggestion of tiers - some for anyone, some for donors.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Yvette

• Staff Member
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 7
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 August 2020, 12:34:27 AM »
+1
VC always has been like this. It has ebbs and flows, just like my menstrual periods

<[VIP] ~VieuxRiche> get with your reading skills and dont piss off powerful elite

How the fuck is @Jakrelia staff, shes probably r/againsthatesubreddits or some gay shit. 0/10 review on yelp.

Offline Naomi

• Cheese
  • Lighthouse Obsessed
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 August 2020, 01:02:26 PM »
So I've looked at this more thoroughly, all and all it has fantastic reviews! I think if this is something a majority of the server wants there shouldn't be any issues. Some questions that have popped up in my head currently that some discussion we should be able to solve are

Should we enable naming for everyone? or have naming pets a VIP perk?

Should we make pets tied to just the main world? or allow them to follow to other worlds such as CM or VCG?

Once I get a complete list of pets I can start sorting them into tiers for the different VIP levels but if anyone has anything to add to that feel free to discuss that as well.

reasons to vote naomi: second sexiest person on the ballot, slight southern drawl, has won woman of the year every year since 1899 (the mainstream media doesn't want you to know)

vote for naomi idiots

like if you need to me to write out a fully fledged post to persuade you i will, but i just prefer we avoid all that effort and you vote for naomi

Offline TheLegend12369

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • I'm not very creative, it is what it is.
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 August 2020, 04:46:06 PM »
Naming might be donor only? Since we need more donor perks anyways lol. If it is possible for them to stay in just the main world, that might be better so they do not distract during events and such, however both options sound fine to me.

Offline Gamalin

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 August 2020, 07:23:20 AM »
I think this is a great idea! Definitely like the tiered idea basic for everyone and up the level with donors. I would say leave naming them to be open to everyone though as it may put people off if too much if forced under the p2p umbrella.

Offline FadeShock

• New Villager
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 August 2020, 02:32:33 PM »
I'm all for it as long as we don't monetize it too much. P2P sucks.

Offline Naomi

• Cheese
  • Lighthouse Obsessed
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 28 August 2020, 04:17:05 PM »
So it seems to be an agreement that pets should just stay in the main world, but there seems to be some different opinions on whether naming should be for everyone or a VIP perk, I think if we do make it a VIP perk then it should be low like $5 or $10. But I'm also fine with making it for everyone, what do you all think?

vote for naomi idiots

Offline Yvette

• Staff Member
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 28 August 2020, 05:42:50 PM »
I think naming should be for everyone personally
VC always has been like this. It has ebbs and flows, just like my menstrual periods

<[VIP] ~VieuxRiche> get with your reading skills and dont piss off powerful elite

How the fuck is @Jakrelia staff, shes probably r/againsthatesubreddits or some gay shit. 0/10 review on yelp.