Author Topic: NOTICE: "The End" status/rules changes (NEW RULES NOW IN EFFECT)  (Read 16453 times)

Offline Akomine (OP)

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
NOTICE: These rules are now in force.

The End has long been in a grey area in terms of rules. With no protection granted, it was a permanent Outlands, though there was often confusion with the specifics. So we are changing them, with input from the Parliament (from a fairly long time ago...)

Changes:
World Changes:
- The small spawn island in The End will be PVP-Off and protected, with some info signs and a portal/warp to go back to the Overworld.
- The main island in The End will be completely re-generated. It may also be re-generated from time to time if it needs it.
- The outer void of The End will be left alone, except for signs, which will be removed to remove lockettes.

New Rules:
- PVP is on everywhere in The End, with the sole exception of the small spawn island.
- Griefing is allowed everywhere in The End.
- TNT is on in The End.
- Lockette is off everywhere in The End.
- Nothing can be protected in The End.
- Nothing can be claimed in The End.
- You risk everything when you make the decision to walk off of the spawn island in The End.

What the Staff and PRs won't do:
- Enforce/handle grief complaints.
- Enforce/handle PVP complaints.
- Enforce/handle theft complaints.
- Enforce/handle protection requests.
- Enforce/handle land or structure claims.

Why this change is taking place:
- To clear up confusion about The End.
- To give players a unique area where they can engage in high-risk gameplay with almost no chance of breaking any rules.
- As a sick social experiment

The world edits will take place ASAP, the new rules and everything else will come into effect now.

Note: Admin accounts and SM accounts with many powers are exempt from the rule change, and must follow standard rules. Staff should enquire about their specific status if they plan on entering The End for anything other than basic building-mining/hunting/self-defence PVP/Staff work. Admins and powerful SMs shall not use their knowledge or powers available to them on their Staff account for the benefit of an alternate account, should they choose to use one in The End. Players may not harm Staff if they are doing Staff work.
« Last Edit: 1 December 2012, 05:47:55 PM by Akomine »

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
Re: NOTICE: "The End" status/rules changes
« Reply #1 on: 26 November 2012, 04:29:56 AM »

YOU HAVE UNTIL DECEMBER 1ST TO EMPTY YOUR CHESTS IN THE END. THE END IS NIGH...

QUEUE OUTRAGE
« Last Edit: 26 November 2012, 04:37:35 AM by airborne101st45 »

Offline Fuzzy_Yeti_69

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
  • The original Jedi Panda
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 November 2012, 06:23:44 AM »
Well shit
Ah well
I'll be able to get a lot of obsidian :D

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #3 on: 26 November 2012, 07:52:50 AM »
And I'm sure CJ will be the first to run around and destroy all the exp farms  ;)

On a side note, if griefing is totally allowed, I do not have to represent any grief complaints in the end, correct?

Offline Akomine (OP)

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 November 2012, 11:16:07 AM »
And I'm sure CJ will be the first to run around and destroy all the exp farms  ;)

On a side note, if griefing is totally allowed, I do not have to represent any grief complaints in the end, correct?

Correct, lol, as it isn't "grief" if it's allowed.

Oh and, what's to stop anyone from using or destroying his farm in retaliation? Maybe CJ ought to think about his plans, if he has any. ;)
« Last Edit: 26 November 2012, 11:18:24 AM by Akomine »

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -3
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 November 2012, 11:27:19 AM »
So much can happen when away.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #6 on: 26 November 2012, 11:27:30 AM »

Oh and, what's to stop anyone from using or destroying his farm in retaliation? Maybe CJ ought to think about his plans, if he has any. ;)

If he breaks a single block in my farm, I swear I will find his and tear it to the ground -er- void.  :D

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 November 2012, 11:49:39 AM »

If he breaks a single block in my farm, I swear I will find his and tear it to the ground -er- void.  :D

Have to find it first. I have been very specific the only people to let see it are staff as an explanation of what they are (ie no normal members know where it is). Considering you can bet my defenses for it will increase.

As another note lockette checks will be disabled in the end so anything currently locked will be become unlocked. Also I believe we were also going to turn tnt on.  Also we may turn logblock off for the end, but seeing who destroyed your stuff might make an interesting dynamic.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #8 on: 26 November 2012, 11:53:36 AM »

Have to find it first. I have been very specific the only people to let see it are staff as an explanation of what they are (ie no normal members know where it is). Considering you can bet my defenses for it will increase.

As another note lockette checks will be disabled in the end so anything currently locked will be become unlocked. Also I believe we were also going to turn tnt on.  Also we may turn logblock off for the end, but seeing who destroyed your stuff might make an interesting dynamic.

I vote to keep the logblock. It would be fun to know who did it.

On a side note, did you all already roll it back? I am here now and there are the obsidian towers standing here.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 November 2012, 12:07:07 PM »

I vote to keep the logblock. It would be fun to know who did it.

On a side note, did you all already roll it back? I am here now and there are the obsidian towers standing here.

yes i remade the main island yesterday when we decided on doing this. Working on the behind the scenes working now.

Offline Akomine (OP)

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 November 2012, 12:58:32 PM »
I also vote to keep logblock, though I suppose we could erase the current log and let it start anew if we wanted to.

Edit: updated orignal post to include TNT and PRs.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 November 2012, 04:19:04 PM »
I also vote to keep logblock, though I suppose we could erase the current log and let it start anew if we wanted to.

Edit: updated orignal post to include TNT and PRs.

Well logblock does not go back to creation (only 3 or so months). Personally mine is out of logblock date so I don't care if we reset it or not, but for right now it would mean any that have been built within the last 3 months are more vulnerable to being found as they are still in logblock, but at the same time logblock is a long and tedius way of trying to find a path off to some spawner.

Effective on Dec 1st; so don't start destroying other people's stuff yet as the old rules are still in effect (and will be enforced) until December 1st, VC's 1st birthday.That Includes all the paths I and others have made.
« Last Edit: 26 November 2012, 04:32:22 PM by Akomine »

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 29 November 2012, 11:38:02 PM »
Just realised Dec 1st in what timezone?

Offline cayrat

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 29 November 2012, 11:41:43 PM »
Just realised Dec 1st in what timezone?

The one most admins are in I'm guessing.
"Everyone is crazy, some are just crazier then the rest of us."
"Let us test these hearts."
Let dead people do your work for you.
~Robert Lang

Offline Akomine (OP)

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 30 November 2012, 05:23:54 AM »
Let's call it 12:01 Eastern Standard Time.
« Last Edit: 30 November 2012, 04:00:26 PM by Akomine »

Offline cayrat

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 30 November 2012, 09:54:15 AM »
Let's call it 6:00PM Eastern Standard Time.

Why 6PM and not midnight tonight?
~Robert Lang

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 November 2012, 10:14:06 AM »

thats closer to the 2nd then being effective on the first.

Offline Runek

• Cheese
  • Where there's a Shadow, there's a Light.
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 30 November 2012, 10:16:22 AM »

thats closer to the 2nd then being effective on the first.

I think she meant midnight tonight, so it would be effective for the entirety of 12/01.

Offline cayrat

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 November 2012, 10:23:14 AM »
I think she meant midnight tonight, so it would be effective for the entirety of 12/01.

It makes sense to do it tonight too, or in the morning tomorrow, but not tomorrow night. That's like saying it is effective on the 2nd.
~Robert Lang

Offline Akomine (OP)

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #19 on: 30 November 2012, 04:00:08 PM »
Fine, midnight.

Offline lordmel01

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #20 on: 30 November 2012, 08:36:40 PM »
doing this to the end will just like giving knitefall a playground where he deos what every he wnats im ok with it because i have nothing in the end and i hate it anyway (knitefall please wreck the end so bad not even enderman will want to live in it)

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #21 on: 30 November 2012, 09:18:19 PM »
doing this to the end will just like giving knitefall a playground where he deos what every he wnats im ok with it because i have nothing in the end and i hate it anyway (knitefall please wreck the end so bad not even enderman will want to live in it)

Lol knitefall's playground.... Someone has no idea.

Kovos_Datch

Re: NOTICE: "The End" status/rules changes (SUSPENDED. OLD RULES APPLY)
« Reply #22 on: 1 December 2012, 02:13:33 PM »
So the new rules are now suspended?

I really enjoy how nobody bothered to tell anyone this. As a result of all of this, Catty, ChaosMushroom, and I went on a raiding spree through the end. No word of warning was given to anyone on the server.... only a slight "(SUSPENDED. OLD RULES APPLY)" change to a thread's name. In fact, nobody bothered posting anything on this thread to give ANYONE a heads up.

This is a shoddy move on the staff's part. No word of warning was given. No heads up was posted. The only people that would know anything about this were the people on the server last night when this ruling was made. As a result, many people have gone out and looted the end... myself included.

I also do not think it is fair for anyone to take any sort of measures against the people that already looted. No *formal* announcement was made, therefore no formal actions should be taken.

Offline Runek

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #23 on: 1 December 2012, 02:54:17 PM »

I really enjoy how nobody bothered to tell anyone this. As a result of all of this, Catty, ChaosMushroom, and I went on a raiding spree through the end. No word of warning was given to anyone on the server.... only a slight "(SUSPENDED. OLD RULES APPLY)" change to a thread's name. In fact, nobody bothered posting anything on this thread to give ANYONE a heads up.

This is a shoddy move on the staff's part. No word of warning was given. No heads up was posted. The only people that would know anything about this were the people on the server last night when this ruling was made. As a result, many people have gone out and looted the end... myself included.

I also do not think it is fair for anyone to take any sort of measures against the people that already looted. No *formal* announcement was made, therefore no formal actions should be taken.

I am sure no action will be taken against anyone who did anything in the end over the last twenty-four hours. Rollbacks may or may not occur depending on what is decided.

You are correct - any change should have been clearly made, as opposed to a slight alteration of the topic name. I am at work right now, so I'm not sure exactly what the new status is, but I will certainly let you know when I find out.

I sincerely apologize for the confusion on this, the changes to The End, and the situation in The End in general. We are working to come to a consensus on how to proceed with this, and we will clearly indicate on both the server and forums what the new rules will be when they are decided.

For now, I would strongly recommend avoiding The End. I'd appreciate everyone's attempts to remain calm and collected during this transition. We'll get it figured out and be back to regularly scheduled programming shortly. ;)

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #24 on: 1 December 2012, 02:56:20 PM »

I am sure no action will be taken against anyone who did anything in the end over the last twenty-four hours. Rollbacks may or may not occur depending on what is decided.

You are correct - any change should have been clearly made, as opposed to a slight alteration of the topic name. I am at work right now, so I'm not sure exactly what the new status is, but I will certainly let you know when I find out.

I sincerely apologize for the confusion on this, the changes to The End, and the situation in The End in general. We are working to come to a consensus on how to proceed with this, and we will clearly indicate on both the server and forums what the new rules will be when they are decided.

For now, I would strongly recommend avoiding The End. I'd appreciate everyone's attempts to remain calm and collected during this transition. We'll get it figured out and be back to regularly scheduled programming shortly. ;)

Rune comes to save the day... again.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #25 on: 1 December 2012, 04:27:15 PM »

I'm sorry but how is this not a formal announcement? It's completely your fault for not checking the forums before going on a "raiding spree". Fuck, if you could have bothered to read the staff chat on Skype... We did tell everyone online and it was like 2 AM. Shoddy move my ass...

Offline Runek

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #26 on: 1 December 2012, 05:10:56 PM »
Why would you have to check the forums before doing something that was announced and planned? On top of that, not everyone uses the forums.

I am not surprised in the slightest that this sort of confusion happened. Changing the topic name to 'Old Rules Apply' hardly helps, since the old rules were confusing to begin with.

Regardless, so long as no one is punished for any acts within the last 24hours in The End, I think there should be no issue.

Air, could you do me a huge favor and concisely list the rules for The End here? Then we could lock the thread and all should be well.

Let's just move forwards. :)

Offline Akomine (OP)

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #27 on: 1 December 2012, 05:33:09 PM »
I appologize, I should have made it very clear in The End.
Nobody will be punished obviously.

Regardless, the new rules are in play again. Admin accounts are exempt, and must follow the old rules.
Please read the OP.
« Last Edit: 1 December 2012, 05:36:20 PM by Akomine »

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #28 on: 2 December 2012, 09:41:55 AM »

I'm sorry but how is this not a formal announcement? It's completely your fault for not checking the forums before going on a "raiding spree". Fuck, if you could have bothered to read the staff chat on Skype... We did tell everyone online and it was like 2 AM. Shoddy move my ass...

I'm going to parrot what Rune said:

1. It was a modification to a post/title on the forums. No "new post" icon was created to draw my, or anybody's, attention to this post. It's not my job to check the forums 24/7 to look for rule updates when there is nothing "new" to draw my attention.

2. Like Rune said, not everyone uses the forums. Heck, I would have looked at the *cough cough* over 300 posts *cough* on skype because I totally have time to stalk everything you say. I thought you all were "doing the dozens" like you always do. Let me just grow the power to read minds so I know what is important to read out of those *cough cough* 300 posts *cough*.

3. Not everyone has access to skype. If I recall correctly, the only place this was mentioned on VC channels was in the staff group. No news was posted on the peoples' group... or on the forums for that matter.

4. Only the people on during the 2 AM announcement would have known anything about the rules reverting back. Nobody, aside from them, had any idea what happened.

Idk, seems pretty shoddy to me.

Regardless, the new rules are in play again. Admin accounts are exempt, and must follow the old rules.
Please read the OP.

Thank you for an actual, helpful response, Ako.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #29 on: 2 December 2012, 10:48:53 AM »

I'm going to parrot what Rune said:

1. It was a modification to a post/title on the forums. No "new post" icon was created to draw my, or anybody's, attention to this post. It's not my job to check the forums 24/7 to look for rule updates when there is nothing "new" to draw my attention.

2. Like Rune said, not everyone uses the forums. Heck, I would have looked at the *cough cough* over 300 posts *cough* on skype because I totally have time to stalk everything you say. I thought you all were "doing the dozens" like you always do. Let me just grow the power to read minds so I know what is important to read out of those *cough cough* 300 posts *cough*.

3. Not everyone has access to skype. If I recall correctly, the only place this was mentioned on VC channels was in the staff group. No news was posted on the peoples' group... or on the forums for that matter.

4. Only the people on during the 2 AM announcement would have known anything about the rules reverting back. Nobody, aside from them, had any idea what happened.

Idk, seems pretty shoddy to me.

Please read the OP.

Thank you for an actual, helpful response, Ako.

Ako bumped the thread, bitchtits so there was a new post message.

Offline Runek

• Cheese
    • View profile
Re: NOTICE: "The End" status/rules changes (NEW RULES NOW IN EFFECT)
« Reply #30 on: 2 December 2012, 11:31:53 AM »
Please note that there will be a clear and final update to the rules of The End.

Please refrain from posting in this thread until that time, to avoid confusion.

Until we update the rules, The End is currently free for all.

PVP ON, GRIEF ALLOWED

Enjoy. :)