Author Topic: Thank you for the 9 months of CM!  (Read 1840 times)

Offline Naomi (OP)

• Staff Member | Forum Mod
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 28
  • Lighthouse Obsessed
    • View profile
Thank you for the 9 months of CM!
« on: 16 January 2021, 11:32:39 PM »
Hello fellow VillageCrafters! I wanted to wait a few days to make this post but with nominations underway I think it's only fair to make my position clear.
I have loved being your Community Minister this past 9 months and working on events with the CM Team has been very fulfilling. I have decided that since I planned on resigning in April so a new CM could start in May, making my term 1 year, since that hasn't happened I will not run for a 2nd Term. I feel it would be unfair to run again when I planned on Resigning. I will gladly help out the next CM getting started.

Now Time for Thank yous!!
Thank you to Relevart for believing I would be good and being the first to nominate me. I am forever grateful that you believed in me even though I didn't (Also thank you Yvette and Gerritt for being my 2nd and 3rd)

Thank you to Cyphur for being my right hand man throughout this whole process. You have helped me build every single event and given me guidance and opinions through it all. You have always had my back both as a friend and a leading Member of the CM Team

Thank you to Legend for guiding me throughout this process (even though I stole it from him) You have been so willing to help me and given me fantastic ideas throughout my term

Thank you to Nurtul for being the best 3rd CM Team member, while Cyphur was great logistically you have helped me with building these great events that we brought to the masses and you've been a solid friend as well.

Thank you Allison, you have been my best friend through it all, when it was all stressing me out, you were there for me and able to back me up. I love you mi amore <3

Thank you to Ako for being so calm whenever I had a frantic question about anything server related, but it's more then that You've always believed in me and given me such words of encouragement and I am immensely grateful for that.

Some last thank yous to Luis, Air, Ten, Gerritt, Steph, Brutal, Day, Mali, Chef, Hobbes, Bravo, and Emily! You all have been friends through it all and I appreciate you all for coming to events, helping me, and being overall great players. (I'm sorry if I'm forgetting you I'm a little frazzled)

It might be a little weird to mention Theo at a time like this, but I thank him so much. He believed in me and told me that I could do this when I thought I couldn't. He fought for me and gave me the boost I needed to be that confident CM that you all needed. I miss you and you were right, I could do it :)

Thank you VillageCrafters for believing in me! I loved being your Community Minister and I look forward to what the next person is going to bring to the table.
« Last Edit: 24 January 2021, 11:21:26 AM by Naomi »
There are a lot of attitudes going on around here, Don't let me get one.

reasons to vote naomi: second sexiest person on the ballot, slight southern drawl, has won woman of the year every year since 1899 (the mainstream media doesn't want you to know)

vote for naomi idiots

like if you need to me to write out a fully fledged post to persuade you i will, but i just prefer we avoid all that effort and you vote for naomi

Naomi is hot. Hot cm is nice. 8) 8)

Offline RedFox_13

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 2
    • View profile
Re: Thank you for the 9 months of CM!
« Reply #1 on: 16 January 2021, 11:35:26 PM »
Ily😭

Offline Brutalfive

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 January 2021, 11:39:52 PM »
Thank you for an amazing term Naomi, while it is a shame to see you stepping down I'm so happy that u can no longer taunt me with you ability to fly (EVIL BITCH)
But in all seriousness thank you for all you did for us
You are AMAZING

Offline MutluMali

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 16
  • We begin and we end, at night, in the woods.
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 January 2021, 11:49:53 PM »
I never participated in a CM event before you became CM. But while I may not have a clear comparison to others because of that, I can say wholeheartedly that I enjoyed every event of yours that I attended. Each was unique and fun in its own sort of way. I especially liked the Silva community showcase and the Christmas event. Thank you for hosting them and thank you for making them extra fun with your awesome Naomi charm!

"Life can definitely be that way sometimes. Such a shitty game but with amazing graphics." ~tenretni
"How am I supposed to work under these conditions when I'm not tenretni???" ~Namoi
“Finally this menace has been quelled” ~Akomine

ME (MALI) FOR STAFF!!!!!!!!!!!! #Mali4Admin #mali4godemperor

Offline Yvette

• Staff Member
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 7
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 January 2021, 01:01:30 AM »
You set a very high bar for past and future CM's and have certainly left a permanent and undeniable mark on VC; it was an honour to have you as CM.
VC always has been like this. It has ebbs and flows, just like my menstrual periods

<[VIP] ~VieuxRiche> get with your reading skills and dont piss off powerful elite

How the fuck is @Jakrelia staff, shes probably r/againsthatesubreddits or some gay shit. 0/10 review on yelp.

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 January 2021, 02:00:42 AM »
Thank you Naomi, you are hugely appreciated, and you will be leaving big footwears to fill. I'm so glad for all the effort you've put into all of the events!

A little reminder that Naomi is still the CM until and potentially as far as 2 weeks after the conclusion of the CM election. There's still events planned and I hope as many as people as possible can attend and support our outgoing CM :)

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Dipjack

• Member of Parliament
  • New Villager
  • Llamas: 1
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 January 2021, 05:04:39 AM »
Thank you from the council, now someone else will have to keep me in line, also now your feet have to touch the ground.

Offline KingNurtul

• Staff Member
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 10
  • big old Nurtul Turtle
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 January 2021, 05:39:40 PM »
I think Naomi put in more effort than I ever expected to see put in to the CM position. I had fun at every event I attended, and loved working to set up and help run events. Whoever is elected in this election will have a Very hard time meeting the high bar set by Naomi.
My advice to everyone else on this server:
I encourage you all to make something of your lives. I implore you not to waste your "glory days" in front of a computer screen like I did. Go out into the world, but do not live like everyone else. Strive to stand above and bring the others up with your knowledge and hard work.-Kovos Datch

jokes are no longer allowed on Villagecraft.-Anonymous(Aug. 2020)

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 January 2021, 07:25:21 PM »
I think Naomi put in more effort than I ever expected to see put in to the CM position. I had fun at every event I attended, and loved working to set up and help run events. Whoever is elected in this election will have a Very hard time meeting the high bar set by Naomi.
Yeah the few times I played VC in 2020 was mainly because of a Naomi CM event.

Bar is defs high but I wish the best of luck to Naomi's successor because they're going to need it.  Jk wow. No pressure.

Offline LilEgg0

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 January 2021, 08:59:33 AM »
You did a really good job as CM, when I win I'll have you match you  :D :D